View Diary: Why is Everybody Talking About The Republicans? (150 comments)

•  Right. (12+ / 0-)

What one has written in the recent past has nothing to do with what one writes today.

Of course! You're right again, jec! Always a pleasure to converse with you.

Calling other DKos members "weenies" is a personal insult and therefore against site rules.

by Bob Johnson on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 08:42:28 PM PDT

•  Get real "Your Coolness", opinions change based (3+ / 0-)

on facts on the ground. Read diaries for what they are, opinions of the diarist at the moment.

•  What facts? (12+ / 0-)

You mean the facts such as the diarist's dire, dark predictions didn't come true? Again?

Kind of ironic, is it not, that now that the "heavily armed" truckers who were part of the "fascist putsch" failed to materialize, the diarist doesn't want folks to pay attention to the "right wing nut-jobs?"

by Bob Johnson on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 08:57:14 PM PDT

•  It's easy to see why (1+ / 0-)
        kefauver

Most of the people taking a hard line against us are firmly convinced that they are the last defenders of civilization... The last stronghold of mother, God, home and apple pie and they're full of shit! David Crosby, Journey Thru the Past.

by Mike S on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 08:59:43 PM PDT

•  If I was concerned I could have deleted any one of (2+ / 0-)
          Ray Pensador, lostinamerica

them. Thanks for looking out for my well being though.

•  Can you point out... (2+ / 0-)
          Ray Pensador, lostinamerica

The text in the diary you found so offensive?

Here's the entire diary, so you don't have to scroll back up, for your convenience:

This is a short commentary since I'm writing it with a Nook typing one letter at a time... Why is is everybody talking about the Republican nut-jobs, teabaggers, and the assorted racist, white supremacists, and religious crackpots that make up the right wing?

And I mean, everybody! Every Lefty website, every mainstream news media organization, every commentator, they all seem to be talking about the Republicans, nonstop, analyzing them, trying to make sense about their actions, trying to deconstruct their agenda, their motives,their thinking.

I've mentioned this in some of my previous diaries, but I really have no interest about the Republicans. Why? Because I long ago realized they were basically honest-to-goodness nut-job crazies. I realized that they were on a quest to destroy what is left of our democratic system of government; that they were nihilists, end-of-days dead-enders.

In short I came to view them the same way I would an insane person spreading feces on a wall. What is there to say?

That's why I rather focus on what the sane people are going to do in response to their feces-spreading-on-walls. What is the best course of action when dealing with these type of nut-jobs? How do you negotiate with crazy people who see the results of their own actions as a sign of the end of times? Or who think that plunging the country into a possible economic depression as a necessary slimming down?

And so, as hard as it may be, I'll continue bypassing reading anything about the latest dastardly act by these Republican cretins and instead will be watching what president Obama, and Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi do in response. As much as I criticize them for being overly influenced by corporatist cartels and Wall Street, at least I know for a fact they are not crazy.

Thanks.

by DeadHead on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 09:27:12 PM PDT

•  'Must defend Ray.' (10+ / 0-)

I'm not offended. I find the diary and plenty of the comments in it downright stupid but I am not offended in the least. If there was ever an enemy you shouldn't let up on the GOP is it. You don't ignore them, you throw them an anvil.

by Mike S on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 09:46:53 PM PDT

•  In my best Bob Johnson impression (3+ / 0-)
              DeadHead, Ray Pensador, lostinamerica

•  'Must discredit Ray.' (3+ / 0-)

I'm glad you weren't offended. I thought you were, since it appeared you were trying to defend the practice of using past comments/diaries as a basis for dismissing the points made in THIS diary.

Because you've never done that before.

by DeadHead on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 10:04:55 PM PDT

•  You are so cute in the way you defend him. (0+ / 0-)

In your world we should do what the press has done with the GOP and their multitude of incarnations from the swift liars on down. Even though they have been proven time and again to be wrong or liars we should always take them as if none of that ever happened. This time they should be taken seriously because ?

by Mike S on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 10:14:50 PM PDT

•  I didn't defend anyone, Mike. (3+ / 0-)

I asked you what part of the diary you found offensive.

You immediately countered that I was "defending Ray," and then proceeded to tell me you weren't offended.

I then responded that I was glad that you weren't offended, because I got the impression you were, given your commentary in this diary.

To which you then responded, AGAIN, how "cute I am for defending Ray."

I'm starting to think ad hominem is the only thing you're capable of producing in response to people who question you.

Have a nice evening.

by DeadHead on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 10:28:20 PM PDT

•  Coupled with the history of the author (3+ / 0-)

creating one false equivalency after another, this line appears to be "damning with false (or faint) praise":

[blockquote] instead will be watching what president Obama, and Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi do in response. As much as I criticize them for being overly influenced by corporatist cartels and Wall Street, at least I know for a fact they are not crazy. [/blockquote]

Woop-dee-doo.  Hey, THEY are the enemy, too, they are, after all, overly influenced by corporatist cartels and Wall Street, but at least they are not as bat-shit crazy as Louis Gohmert and Ted Cruz.

I guess you don't understand how damaging false equivalencies are (the actual evidence of bills passed, supported and fought for don't support the author's errant notion anyway) but all you have to do is look at what the purity anarchists on "our side" did to this country when they enabled and unleashed George W. Bush by throwing their support to Ralph Nader over "corporate stooge" Al Gore.

•  If you prefer attacking Republicans (5+ / 0-)

then why are you spending time here attacking fellow Dems?  Let's cool off, ok.   Go read the Ted Cruz/Sarah Palin/ Tea Party diaries.

"The international world is wondering what happened to America's great heart and soul." Helen Thomas

by Betty Pinson on Sun Oct 13, 2013 at 09:17:12 PM PDT

• Climate Change (21)
  • Spam (21)
  • Labor (20)
  • Education (20)
  • GOP (20)
  • Civil Rights (19)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (17)
  • Economy (16)
  • Law (16)
  • Science (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site