I tried posting this earlier, but it got lost in cyberspace.
Apparently we have a new TS formed near the Azores........TS Zeta.
This is RIDICULOUS
I dedicate this diary to the discussion of the obligatory questions that arise from this:
- Is this yet another indicator of rampant global warming?
- Is this an indicator of ridiculously high SSTs (sea surface temperatures)? - Ans: apparently so, according to the discussion on the posted thread.
- Are these high SSTs due to a failure of the Gulf Stream to transport warm water North, resulting in the reduction of the production of NADW (North Atlantic Deep Water)?
- If so, could this have anything to do with the brutal winter they're having in Western Europe? - Ans: probably not - ya need a bit more of a track record to make statements about climate from events like this
- What will the next TS be named, if it forms after the New Year? (Iota or Alison?) Ans - according to that thread, it will be the first name from next years quote. If they haven't decided this yet, they'd better hurry up and do so - this looks like a problem that will recur in the future.
Inquiring minds need to know this stuff.....
Here's a serious weather site where they answer a lot of my Q's plus post beautiful maps. I found it after my first attempt at posting this