I don't know if any of you saw John "George Bush has led this Country with moral clarity" McCain
on the Larry King show on Thursday, but if you didn't, there he was again
out peddling some book about so-called "character" while simultaneously regurgitating the same old disproven & fraudulent talking-points
right from the mouth of Dick Cheney and the Bush administration school of unnecessary mass-murder.
McCain's appearance could be summed-up as follows:
-Iraq War good
-Saddam had WMDs (even though nobody found them) and was a serious threat (with the weapons that he did not even have).
-The Christian Right has not gone too far (separation of Church & State unimportant)
I'm not quite sure what drives this man
(if we can even call him that much).
Larry King and various phone callers were promoting him to run for President in 2008. McCain, much to my displeasure, agreed he would be considering such a run.
My question is why, at this late hour, does anyone still take this clown seriously for any Office -- much less U.S. President?
There he is right after the Plame scandle and the DowningStreet memos have busted out into the open the fact that the Bush administration was in fact lying about WMDs to sell this War -- and John McCain sits there with a contented smile on his face saying that in his view we had to Invade Iraq because of "Saddam Hussein's WMD weapons" (that do not even exist) and insisting that this was all necessary.
McCain is simply a bold face liar -- no different than Dick Cheney or George 33% Bush himself at this point.
The idea of him being U.S. President is as reprehensible as the idea of Jeb Bush being U.S. President.
This Country can do better than this.
It is time to flood John McCain with mail, faxes, emails, voicemails that state in no uncertain terms:
- Do not run for President -- you do not have the judgement, honesty, character, or humanity to represent our Nation.
- It was established by: a) the IAEA & El Baradei, b) the U.N. & Hans Blix, c) Scott Ritter, and d) Joe Wilson that Iraq had no damn Nuclear Weapons whatsoever and was not any type of Nuclear threat.
- The U.N. Inspection teams were in fact allowed into Iraq and they never found any damn stockpiles of WMD weapons at any time.
- The United States violated the Geneva Conventions by recklessly starting an unprovoked Invasion on a Country that never at any time attacked us or even threatened to.
- The CIA has reported that this unnecessary Iraq Invasion & Occupation has made Terrorism much worse and made the United States now an object of hatred around the entire World.
- The reckless slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives, including children and woman, is immoral and barbaric and represents everything that this Country fought against in WWII. It is also way, way beyond the level of tyranny & murder that Saddam Hussein himself ever inflicted on his people in any given 2-year period.
To continue to defend this mass-murder, even in the face of the disproven & fraudulent rationales (lies) that was used to start it, is not an act of character
but tragically horrid and inhumane judgement.
Such a stunning display of incompetence and total contempt for the facts, contempt for the truth, contempt for the Geneva Conventions, and contempt for any human decency disqualifies John McCain from consideration of any office.
John McCain's lies cannot be tolerated any more.
This is not a man that can be respected any longer.