Putting the cap on the past Diary entry
examining the Clark/Lehane connections to smears on Howard Dean..
I do think that trotting out the "State Trooper" story and now the "Insider Trading" story as attacks on Dean's character are as low and dishonest as the Rove machine's attacks on McCain.
That's my opinion, make your own judgements. I'm not "sinking to their level" .. I'm not a campaign operative, no one's paying me for my opinion and frankly, very few give two sh**s worth what I think.
I'm just presenting my views for your consideration:
- There is a preponderance of evidence that Lehane and Clark are behind the Dean smears.
- It's demonstrated that Lehane likes to run campaigns on Rovian smear tactics. Kerry likely fired him for it.
- It's too bad Lehane couldn't have deployed those skills more effectively in the 2000 campaign when he worked for Gore and floated Bush's DWI conviction (which was actually a TRUE story). Some, however, say these were distractions that did not help the campaign anyway.
- Acting this way towards the leading Dem candidate is akin to cannibalism in my opinion, save it for the real fight in the Fall.
- I don't support Clark as a second choice anymore for this reason and others which are just as unsettling.