We went to war with Iraq to get rid of Saddam's Weapons of Mass Destruction and make the world a safer place. We also invaded Iraq because Saddam is an evil tyrant who kills his own people.
- We discovered that the WMDs we had to get rid of didn't exist in the first place.
- We captured Saddam and killed many of his cohorts.
- We created a terrorist haven in Iraq.
- We fragmented the global community, distracted attention from Afghanistan and from the war against al Queda, and we inspired a new generation of militant Musilms to hate the West.
- Tn capturing Saddam we killed tens of thousands of innocent people. We also killed close to 1,000 of our own armed forces and thousands of Iraqi soldiers (many of which were draftees).
To contine point #5 for a moment. We may never know how many people died in Bush's war, but we have good estimates. The Iraq Body Count
is an excellent place to start researching how many innocents have been killed. Iraqi doctor Mohammad al-Obaidi
estimates the death toll at over 37,000. As of June 2003, The Guardian had already reported 10,000
So let's sum up. First and foremost, we went to Iraq to get rid of WMDs. They don't exist.
Secondly, we went to prevent Saddam from killing any more innocent people.
How many years would it have taken Saddam to kill as many people as we have killed in liberating his country?