The story today here reads ...
Carter to Head Elections Panel
Bipartisan Group Will Look for Ways to Improve Voting in U.S.
Friday, March 25, 2005;
Former president Jimmy Carter will lead a bipartisan commission to examine problems with the U.S. election system, American University's Center for Democracy and Election Management said yesterday.
Carter, a Democrat whose Carter Center has monitored more than 50 elections around the world, will co-chair the private commission with Republican James A. Baker III, who served as secretary of state under President George H.W. Bush.
Now, what jumped out at me here and I hope it does for you as well is ... with James A. Baker III
James A. Baker III!!!?????
Please, folks, this is like trying "reform elections" with Karl Rove or Dick Cheney or Henry Kissinger or Gerald Ford or Sean Hannity as joint head of the commission.
In short, election reform is going to get killed!
What they will do is put out a little paper saying that everything is mostly okay, no big problems here, we just have to tweak a little here or there around the edges and try and put the public back to sleep on this whole issue.
Meanwhile, you have Deibold, Triad Systems, ES&S, etc., in complete control of U.S. Elections
(along with the GOP and CIA infrastructure that they represent) - and, your vote, if it matters at all to the final outcome, will continue to be privatized first and overtly obstructed second.
Until we go back to an open, transparent, publically monitored process with paper ballot (so that what you see is, in fact, what you get) U.S. Elections will be doomed!
You may as well just coronate Jeb Bush right now. It won't even matter who his opponent is or what kind of a "campaign" he runs ...
We have to change this.
What we need is a grassroots based commission to highlight and expose in full detail (to the chagrin of the U.S. Media) all of the wide, sweeping range of:
- direct tampering,
- computer malfunction,
- direct computer software "problems" (i.e., rigging, fraud),
- disenfranchisement due to registration games and tricks,
- disenfranchisement due to provisional ballot games and tricks,
- disenfranchisment due to precint by precint equipment games and tricks,
- selective absentee balloting processing,
- disenfranchisement due to direct intimidation and selective treatment,
- the Warren County lockdown in Ohio and centralized tabulation based fraud and tampering, and
- the Wayne Madsen report on a paid-for CIA operation to rig the software in Florida (and perhaps elsewhere as well).
Now, will James A. Baker III (also known as "the fixer" by the Bush family ) ever admit to these election issues?
This just won't do ...