Enough with the Grody Other Party announcing something and us reacting... let's give the American people a real feel for what we are and how we're different.
In short, let's make stands. We don't have to worry about these things becoming law, after all, we are in the minority in every single possible way.
But, since these laws aren't going to get passed anyway, we might as well put them out there to show the American people what we stand for.
In that vein, I'd like to put these forward as a point to begin with, and invite you to add your list.
We Democrats stand for...
- Equal rights for all including unfettered access to the ballot box and the altar
- Clean air, clean water, healthy forests, biodiversity
- A rich social fabric where we don't let our elderly starve
- Or our veterans
- Or the folks on active duty right now
- We want a free quality education, K-PhD for anyone who wants it
- We want quality jobs and wages and are willing to fund job creation programs
- We want safe working conditions
- We want reasonable working conditions
- We believe in Science and are willing to fund Research and Development
- We believe in our country and are willing to fund infrastructure projects
- We believe that a civil society embraces the Arts and are willing to fund capital projects to promote the Arts
Your turn! Add liberally