When the Democratic primary is over and we roll into the general election, there are memes from all of the candidates that I hope the winner uses as a blunt instrument on the backside of BushCo's skull. My faves are:
1) Dean - you can't trust Republicans with your money
Here, the good doctor turns the whole deficit-Social-Security-surplus-national-debt --yawn-- thing into a clearcut pocket book issue. And if we could have that meme take hold and stick--bam! Repubs having to fight against it for a couple of election cycles.
2) Clark - Delay and Bush and the NRA can't take the flag away from us and call us unpatriotic
We've been figthing this since the 60s. If we could shrug it off now, we'd be on equal footing again on national defense, plus we'd have the fiscal discipline thing (see #1) too.
3) Edwards - Republicans reward wealth, not work, Democrats reward work, not wealth.
Puts the class warfare thing where it belongs, in how we reward people for the hours they put in not they trust funds they inherit. This is a compicated issue, but I think Edwards has been making a very strong case for it.
4) Kucinich - I'm electable if you elect me
Electability is our decision, not the media's and it's not decided by BushCo's $200 million.
5) Clark - Bush pranced around in a flight suit in front of the real heros, the men and women serviing our country.
Makes the distinction between Bush, a semi-demi chickenhawk surrounded by chickenhawks, while poor or lower middles class kids fight their battles for them. Chips away at the republican's are strong on defense bulls**t.
6) Dean - We need to be proud again to be called Democrats.
Which I think is a corollary of the other memes taking hold, first in our own minds then around us.
So what are your faves?