Continuing from yesterday's rec'd diary
Note: We are simply watching the best Farsi websites. Payman has been reading them for years, so he knows the good ones. I should note that one of those sources did call Mousavi's arrest long before anyone else and it has been since confirmed.
Our primary sources are , Pyknet (they were source of Mousavi's arrest) PeykeIran (Payman calls them his Farsi CNN because they are updated constantly) News.Gooya
We will continue to post important news as we find it.
News From http://www.peiknet.com/
Mousavi warns I will take refuge at Khomeini's shrine. (archive and translation)
Mousavi has made a statement: "Ahmadinejad has had his big rally for his followers. I request a permit for the same. If I do not receive permission for a rally tomorrow, I will take refuge at Khomieni's shrine. This will cause much unrest and the political turmoil."
Some of the Ayatolla will probably join the march from the Holy City of Ghoum (The center of Shiite Scholarship).
The following people have not been heard from since the election results. The Supreme leader, Rafsanjani, Khatami, Speak of the House (Majles). No one knows where they are.
Savage Attack of Revolutionary Guard on a Central Campus
University of Isfehan (one of the largest in Iran) 700 students protesting the election began rioting, breaking windows, furniture. Approx 300 Rev Guards moved in chasing students back to their dormitory where the police entered and began beating and arresting almost all the students. 100 students have been critically injured and taken to hospital, 500 suffered have minor injuries. Many escaped and are hiding.
Gooya News (archive translation)
تازه ترین خبرها و شایعات کوتاه از ایران (ويژه خبرنامه گویا)
- مخابرات پهنای باند راکم کرده و خدمات ایمیل ها را فیلتر کردند تا دسترسی به اینترنت محدود شود.
News and Rumors 6.14.2009 Gooya News
Internet to the outside world is heavily filtered and throttled (very slow).
- در قم شایع شده که آیت الله صانعی فتوا داده که همکاری با دولت حرام است اما ظاهرا جلوی پخش این فتوا گرفته شده است. بر همین اساس او همچنین قصد داشت به تهران بیاید و در حسینیه جماران متحصن شود که مانع این کار شده اند. One of the Grand Ayatollahs Sanei was denied a request issue a decree that the people should not support the Ahmadinejad Government. He was prevented from joining the protesters.
- امروز نامه ای از سوی بهزاد قربانیان نژاد رئیس ستاد موسوی به وزارت کشور ارسال شد. این نامه درخواست مجوز برای راهپیمایی سراسری در کشور بود. در تهران از خیابان انقلاب تا آزادی و در سراسر کشور در میدان های اصلی شهر ها. ستاد میر حسین موسوی اعلام کرده اگر به این راهپیمایی مجوز داده نشود، بدون مجوز راهپیمایی خواهند کرد. همچنین اعلام کرده اند که اگر با حضور نیروهای بسیار زیاد امنیتی جلوی این تجمع گرفته شود میر حسین موسوی به حرم امام خمینی رفته و در آنجا متحصن خواهد شد و از همه مردم هم خواهد خواست به آنجا بروند. If Mousavi's request for permission to rally is denied, Mousavi have supporters have announced they will march to Khomeini's shrine regardless of a government permission.
- خبر رسیده که امروز در دانشگاه تهران، امیر کبیر، شریف و دانشگاه گیلان و اصفهان و شیراز و بسیاری از داشگاه های دیگر تحصن برقرار بود. University of Tehran, Amir-kabir, Sharrif, Gilan, Isfahan, Sheraz are closed.
- در میدان انقلاب هم نیروهای لباس شخصی با قمه و چاقو به مردم حمله ور شدند
In Revolutionary Square, the civilian guards attacked people with knives and machetes.
- در تهران در خیابان مطهری (تخت طاووس) تعداد زیادی با ضرب و شتم پلیس مواجه شدند.
Another clash with police.
- در خیابان مفتح و 7 تیر هم به مردم حمله شد اما مردم محله در خانه ها را باز کرده بسیاری را پناه دادند
Police attacked demonstrators on Mofteh Street. Local people are giving the protesters shelter.
- از آقایان هاشمی و خاتمی هیچ خبری نیست اما شایع شده که هاشمی رفسنجانی قصد داشته به ملاقات رهبر برود که به او اجازه نداده اند. ظاهرا پس از آن او به قم رفته تا در آنجا با روحانیون و مراجع دیدار کند. Hashemi was refused permission to visit The Supreme Leader. He has gone instead to visit the other Grand Ayatollas in Ghoum.
Editorial Comment by Payman*:
* Read Chapter 9 of Camel Jockey Go Home for a little more context
Everyone is calling this a coup. It will not happen over night. It seems to be unfolding the same as in 1979. It is not stoppable. Khamenei and Ahmadinejad had no intention of counting votes. Khamenei announced before the election, "If Ahmadinejad loses, I lose."
The reason people are not being killed is to avoid creating martyrs. In Islam there is a 40 day mourning period. One fortieth day after the death of a martyr, all hell breaks loose. Ahmadinejad will avoid this if possible.
This is really not about Mousavi. He is a bad at the rest. It is about the progressive movement in Iran which has been suppressed for thirty years. The genie is out of the bottle and will not go back in.
For the first time, in this election, the candidates raised the issue of corruption. This is a clear sign of a breakdown of unity at the very top.
Most important, there is clear unity among many of the Ayatollahs who maintain that Khamenei was never qualified for the title of Ayatollah/Supreme Leader. Watch for activity in the cities of Ghoum and Mashhad the two important religious centers of Iran. As each Ayatollah denies the authority of the Supreme Leader, they are put under house arrest.
Ayatollah Montazeri who was to be Khomenei's successor, was put under house arrest when he opposed the massacre of 1988. He was to have succeeded Khomeini. Ayatollah Montazeri was released a few years ago and remains arguably the most respected living Ayatollah. The progressive leaders have sent Ayatolah Montazeri a letter requesting his decree as per the illegal election results. Editorial Comment by Payman:
Follows is an inspiring video which depicts protesters capturing then protecting an injured policeman. It should be noted that some high level Revolutionary Guards announced their support for Mousavi days before the election. We can only hope, that they will will not follow certain orders as became the honorable tradition in the revolution against the Shah in 1979.