Fun show today! We welcomed
back from jury duty, and covered some fascinating ground today, including the National Journal's
"Conversation Nation" discussed in today's APR
. I think this thing has some serious disruptive potential, not unlike the ability of 2008's post-debate "snap polls" to force the pundits off their pre-determined narratives. Listen to the segment and find out why.
We also discussed the craziness surrounding the Chick-Fil-A "Appreciation Days," and how anti-gay activists feel sure they've tapped into America's true fighting spirit by getting people to eat fried chicken sandwiches.
Finally, a look at a really interesting Bloomberg News article that shows how class warfare gets fought stealthily from above, disguised in the seemingly innocuous language of what purports to be outcome-neutral and dispassionate analysis, but really isn't outcome-neutral at all. It's built from the ground up to be conclusory. And surprise! It benefits the wealthy Wall Street rip-off artists most of all!
Here's today's show:
If you've missed our shows up to now, or have had trouble listening, try these tips:
How to Listen
You options to listen LIVE, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to noon ET:
- Click on the embedded Flash player below
- Go to netrootsradio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- Click on this direct link if you need a non-Flash player, say, for iPad or iPhone
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for "Blue Skies Radio." That's the Netroots Radio home base, and it's where you'll find our Daily Kos Radio programming
- For Android: go with the "StreamFurious" app
- BlackBerry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
For podcasts you can stream or download, watch, well, right here on the Daily Kos Radio group page, where we post our shows and highlights daily.