Note: Shaded dates have passed.
Click here to automatically add this calendar to your Google calendar.
Chronological calendars: Filing Deadlines | Primaries | Runoffs
Click here for our continually updated list of key races to watch in each state. And click here for our mayoral and legislative special election calendar.
- Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Utah conduct nominating conventions prior to their primaries that can impact primary ballot access.
- Florida's filing deadline for state office is June 20, 2014.
- Georgia will, if necessary, also conduct a general election runoff for state races on Dec. 2, 2014, and for federal races on Jan. 6, 2015.
- Iowa Republicans and Democrats will conduct nominating conventions to select federal nominees if no candidate receives over 35 percent of the vote.
- Nebraska incumbents must file by Feb. 18, 2014.
- New York's state and local primaries are scheduled for Sept. 9, 2014. The state filing deadline is July 10, 2014.
- Runoffs: A runoff is required if no candidates receives over 40 percent of the vote in North Carolina, 35 percent in South Dakota, and 50 percent in all other states with runoffs.
- Virginia Republicans will conduct a nominating convention to select their Senate nominee. Democrats and Republicans also conduct conventions to select nominees for certain House races.
Sources: FEC | Green Papers | Ballotpedia