1. On pages 5-6 of the court filing below, Melendez claims that he looked through a window with four fellow officers and saw Deshawn and another man in the house with guns. Every other officer interviewed has no recollection of such an occurrence. Deshawn himself has stated explicitly from the beginning that he never even touched a gun inside of the house.
2. Melendez testified that he "heard voices in the kitchen area" from outside of the house. In their testimony, no other officers heard those voices. Deshawn states in his testimony that nobody was even in the kitchen, but that he and friends were hanging out in the living room.
3. This is key: On page 7 of the court filing, Melendez states that he sees Deshawn pull a handgun out of his waistband. None of the four additional officers testified to seeing such a thing.
4. On page 7, Melendez testified that Deshawn, in the presence of five heavily armed officers, closed his fist and took a swing at the face of Melendez. No other officer witnessed such a thing and, of course, Deshawn stated from the beginning that this was preposterous.
5. Melendez, stating that it was in self-defense, then admitted to punching Deshawn in each eye until he was unconscious and then "holding on to him for a controlled fall." Several officers actually testified that no such thing happened and that Deshawn hit the floor hard and was immediately swarmed by Melendez.
6. On page 8, Melendez stated that he couldn't find the "use of force" and "injured prisoner" reports, but that he eventually found them and completed them. Now, they conveniently don't exist.
7. Officer Randazzo, in his testimony, states that he never heard anyone talking outside of the house. He never saw Deshawn with a gun. He testified that when Melendez broke down the door of the kitchen that it was completely empty. Melendez, you will recall, stated that Deshawn was in the kitchen with a gun out.
8. Officer Schewe who was on scene with a K-9, testified that at no time was anyone told before entering the house that Melendez or anyone else saw a gun present.
Read the full statement from the judge below. It gives you a deep and ugly glimpse into the brutality of Melendez and his team.
Federal Court Decision against William (Bill) Robocop Melendez in the brutality case with Plaintiff Deshawn...