Row row row, there is no Judeo-Christian God, row row row
Harvard releases an annual survey
competed by their incoming first year class. It turns out, like the rest of the country, Harvard's millennials are about the same as the rest of the country's millennials—when it comes to their personal religious belief systems, that is.
In Harvard’s poll of the beliefs and lifestyles of the class of 2019, 21 percent said they identified as agnostic, and 17 percent reported they were atheists. Freshmen who identified as Catholic or Protestant made up 17 percent each — meaning that with a total of 34 percent, they were outnumbered by the 38 percent of the class who said they were agnostic or atheist.
[Bold my emphasis.]
Those numbers are up from a couple of years ago when atheists and agnostics made up 14 and 18 percent of those surveyed, respectively. To be clear, this isn't the most scientific survey but it does show the mirroring of a trend in our society. It's the same trend that has led the historically reactionary Catholic Church to OK a Pope, who by Catholic Pope standards might as well be walking around smoking a doobie wearing a beret.