I’ve been caught up this crazy election cycle 24/7 and hover with you all here at DKos on a very regular basis. I have not written an article before, and neither am I into writing one now. I just wanted to share with you an article I found very thoughtful on facebook: The 10 myths being debunked are:
1. Myth: Hillary Clinton shared state secrets through her private email server.
Fact: She asked the NSA for a secure server and as they were not equipped to accommodate her needs, she signed on to the secure server set up for Bill by the secret service after he left office. While state e-mails were hacked, her’s were never hacked.
2. Myth: Hillary Clinton uses the Clinton Foundation to launder money for herself.
Fact: All moneys went to directly assist AIDS programs in rural Africa, climate change, and natural disaster relief. Watchdogs rated the foundation higher than the Red Cross.
3. Myth: People could “buy” appointments with Secretary Clinton by donating to the Clinton Foundation.
Fact: While there were some who donated who were seen in that capacity, there was no quid pro quo.
4. Myth: Hillary Clinton approved a Russian uranium deal because of Clinton Foundation donations. Fact: Sweitzer of Breitbart who started all the Clinton Foundation scandals had to walk back all of them publicly.
5. Myth: Hillary Clinton is responsible for the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi. Clinton did everything right.
Fact: There were 87 deaths during Rice and Powells tenures, so on Hillaries watch our embassies were safer.
6. Myth: Hillary Clinton is a conservative.
Fact: She was rated the 11th most liberal senator in the US during her tenure.
7. Myth: Hillary Clinton is owned by Wall Street.
Fact: She voted for tougher sanctions on Wall Street while senator. Sanders could find no evidence to substantiate his claim that she was in the pocket of big banks.
8. Myth: Hillary Clinton is not a feminist.
Fact: She has been working for children and women’s causes all her life. She has the best record on reproductive rights of any presidential candidate ever.
9. Myth: Hillary Clinton is dishonest.
Fact: Watch dog groups and fact checkers find her to be more honest than Bernie Sanders, and John Kasich, second only to Barack Obama.
10. Myth: Hillary Clinton defended a rapist and laughed about it.
Fact: As a young lawyer, fresh out of law school she was assigned to the case of a child having been raped, and though she wanted to she couldn’t recuse herself and so convinced the perpetrator to plead guilty, and 40 years later she laughed at how she had naively assumed that a lie detector test, which he’d passed could be relied upon.
Here’s the article. Please read it for yourself. I think you’ll find it helpful in getting the RIGHT message out. At least I did. Thank you.
Truth will out!