Ivanka Trump is her father’s daughter, complete with his corruption problems. Ivanka has officially resigned from what McClatchy’s Anita Kumar characterizes as her “numerous vice president positions” in the Trump Organization, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t continuing to personally profit from the family company’s questionable business dealings. She’s still getting $1.5 million a year in income from various Trump businesses, and:
The companies involve at least five projects that have come under scrutiny for possible ethics and legal violations:
- A major construction company owned by the Chinese government was awarded a contract to build a road as part of the residential piece of a Trump development in Dubai.
- A local government plans to build a road to shorten the drive between the main airport on the Indonesian island of Bali and the new high-end Trump resort and golf course.
- A construction company owned in part by the governments of Saudi Arabia and South Korea expects to build the Trump Lido City development in Indonesia that includes a Disney-like theme park
- Ivanka Trump’s brother, Donald Jr., recently visited India to promote new luxury housing projects, offering home buyers dinner and conversation for a booking fee of $38,000. But after criticism, he scrapped plans to give a foreign-policy speech alongside Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Trump International Hotel Washington D.C., which opened in a historic site in the capital, has been cited in lawsuits accusing the president of violating the Constitution by accepting money from customers who are foreign officials.
It’s called the emoluments clause and it’s as relevant to her as it is to her father.
While $1.5 million a year won’t solve the major debt problems of her husband’s family business, it’s a nice little stipend for doing nothing but being her father’s daughter, as well as an easy rejoinder any time Donald talks about Ivanka and Jared working in the White House for free.
And all the while she’s pulling in that Trump Organization money, Ivanka is meeting with world leaders, including ones whose governments are involved in some of these Trump projects. That may be one of the reasons she reportedly is still on a temporary security clearance—but either way, she’s probably not any dirtier than the person who put her in this position. Because it would take some doing to bring more corruption to the White House than Donald Trump has already done.
Comments are closed on this story.