Hey, how about that debate, eh? What did you think?
No, seriously. What did you think? Somebody associated with this show should know what happened and what they think about it. And that’s gonna have to be you. Because today’s show is pre-recorded. Oh, it’s ALL-NEW, believe me. It’s just not about the debate. So maybe you could just talk amongst yourselves about it for a little while.
Be sure to hang around for the last half hour, when we roll out a segment I actually recorded back in 2015, when Trump was first blathering about his incoherent “immigration policies.” A couple activists and a few journalists actually began considering what it would really take to deliver on these stupid promises. Turns out they were pretty on the mark, and some of the “features, not bugs” of the current border crisis situation were even predicted, in a backhanded way. Listen in and see if you can spot us pinpointing future humanitarian disasters without even knowing it.
Listen right here at 9:00 AM ET!
PODCAST LISTENERS: There’s a new podcast platform in town, and the big news is: this one pays! RadioPublic pays podcast producers at $20 CPM for listens on their native app (available for iPhones & Androids), financed by pre- and post-roll ads they insert. Not a bad way to support the show, with somebody else’s money!
So if you’re a podcast listener, please consider downloading the RadioPublic app on your Android or iOS phone. Yes, you can still download directly from their site, or listen to the player embedded here at Daily Kos. But it’s listens in their app that count toward payment. And get this: listen to just three episodes in their app, and we earn a one-time, $1 “loyal listener” bonus.
Nothing changes on our end. It’s still Greg Dworkin, Joan McCarter, and even Armando. Plus also, me. And you! As always, we still want your voice on the air with us. Sit down with your smart phone or other electronic recording device and send us your stories and commentary to share with the audience. There’s no easier way to try your hand at podcasting, without all the hassle!
Of course there’s no substitute for having your support via Patreon, or one-time contributions via Square Cash. (And hey, if you want a cool trick for donating sorta-kinda cost free, get their cash.me app and use this share code to get $5 in your account (plus $5 in mine) when you send your first $5 (to anyone)!
For now, how about one on the house? Here’s what we did on our last show:
The first debate for the 2020 Presidential election! Who won? Who lost? What were the defining moments? Surprises? Fails? Triumphs? Takeaways? What were the takeaways? We need the takeaways! Just don’t ask David Waldman for them. Oh, go ahead and ask, but it’ll probably go to his answering machine; this is a travel day for him. Instead, enjoy this special Kagro in the Morning, chockablock with exactly what sets KITM apart from the others—forays into the outer, icky edges of Trumpworld’s web of sleaze and corruption: The N.R.A.’s longtime C.F.O. was caught embezzling before joining the N.R.A., an organization renown for giving such down on their luck a second chance. The compassion continues at the White House, with the official in charge of U.S. arms control with Moscow covering for Kremlin connection Paul Erickson, the former boyfriend of Russian agent Maria Butina. Donald Trump works his way back to the Founding Fathers to burn each bridge created in American history. He’s reached year 145, dodging the international postal service, and managing to suppress the vote while he’s at it. David tells us the one about the Evangelical, the Pool Boy, and Michael Cohen. Then there’s the one, or actually the five about Duncan Hunter. Tonight... back to the debates. Joe Biden has the experience, but how far back will his opponents’ memories go?
Need more info on how to listen? Find it below the fold.
Ways to Listen to Kagro in the Morning:
Your options to listen LIVE:
- click right HERE
- go to NetrootsRadio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for “Netroots Radio”
- download the Stitcher app and search for “Netroots Radio” to find the live stream there (Don’t forget to use the DAILYKOS promo code when you sign up!)
- for Android: try either the “StreamFurious” or “TuneIn” apps
- Blackberry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
- for a VLC player, right click on the banker VLC player screen, select open network and copy the link address and drop it in the URL entry field (thanks to windsong01 for the instructions on that one)
- Find us on TalkStreamLive
And here’s a new tip: If the player hiccups or drops the audio between the shows, just go ahead and stop and restart it, and things should go smoothly after that.
If you miss the show, or just can't listen live, you can:
Things you can do to help us grow:
- download and listen to the show on the RadioPublic app, where ads inserted pre- and post-show actually help pay podcast creators on a CPM basis
- download the Stitcher app on your phone, search for the show, “favorite” it and help us rise in their rankings and take over the world
- be an “active listener” on Stitcher. Listening to our show even once a month via Stitcher helps us qualify for their revenue sharing program!
- like us on Facebook
- follow @DailyKosRadio on Twitter
- feel free to download the show, edit and post your favorite clips for sharing via social media
- and of course, support us with recurring donations on Patreon or one-time contributions via Square Cash!
- And if you’re new to Square’s cash.me app, why not try it out using this share code, that puts $5 in your account (and $5 in mine!) when you use it to send your first $5 (to anyone)?
Thanks for all your support, and enjoy the show!