Welcome to what is the 892nd original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing the U.S. House Representatives from Oklahoma’s Kevin Hern, from Oklahoma’s 1st Congressional District, a McDonald’s franchisee who has now finishing up his freshman term in Congress. He survived a GOP Primary with 55% of the vote, and then won in the general election with 59% against Democrat Tim Gilpin, sliding into the House seat formerly held by Jim Bridenstine.
Kevin Hern is also brazenly corrupt, as his friends’ companies back home in Oklahoma and all its McDonald’s franchise were apparently one of the first in line to snatch up every last dollar in PPP loans to line his pockets with $1-2 million in taxpayer dollars during the Covid-19 pandemic, while all the peasants in his district could wait for their $1200 pittance. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, as he has refused to abstain from voting against legislation that would directly affect his businesses since being sworn in, actively campaigning against bills to affect fast food franchisees.
But it’s not always self-serving corruption for Hern, sometimes he rallies behind corruption within the White House, as when he tried defending Donald Trump from impeachment by being one of the 41 Republicans to follow Matt Gaetz into a classified hearing “protest” that the GOP was more than welcome to just participate in.
Rep. Hern also lauded Donald Trump’s stupid f***ing idea to host his first campaign rally in months in Tulsa during the Covid-19 pandemic as “a testament to the people of Oklahoma”. The predictions of health experts warning against it have come true and over 500 infections occurred from that event alone… so apparently Hern wants to celebrate Trump killing people like the dumb s*** he is.
Now, let’s explore Hern’s voting record in his first term:
- January 23rd, 2019: Rep. Hern voted against HR 648, because he was gleefully enjoying the longest government shutdown in history.
- January 27th, 2019: Kevin Hern votes against HJR 30, which was meant to express disapproval of Donald Trump not acting against Russian Federation for attack Hern our democracy. You see, he’s fine with our nation being sublet to Vladimir Putin.
- February 28th, 2019: Hern votes against HR 1112, a bill which would have required universal background checks on all firearm purchases, and close the gun show loophole.
- March 14th, 2019: Rep. Hern votes against HJR 46, which sane members of Congress voted for to reject Donald Trump’s “national emergency” regarding the U.S. border and his attempts to reallocate funds for a border wall without Congressional approval.
- April 4th, 2019: Kevin Hern is one of 158 Republicans who choose to vote against the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act, likely because they feel the 2nd Amendment remaining absolute is more important than preventing people with a history of domestic abuse from owning a firearm (which statistics show, makes them more likely to use those firearms against women in their lives).
- May 17th, 2019: Hern votes against The Equality Act, which would have prevented discrimination towards Americans based on their gender identity or sexual orientation.
- June 4th, 2019: Rep. Hern votes against the Dreamers Act, because he’s too xenophobic and partisan to care about immigration reform.
- July 16th, 2019: Kevin Hern votes against a resolution to condemn Donald Trump for his racist statements that four people of color in Congress should “go back where they came from”.
- October 23rd, 2019: Hern is one of 41 Republicans who, while staring down the possibility of Donald Trump being impeached, stage a ridiculous publicity stunt in response by crashing a classified impeachment inquiry hearing for a “protest”.
- December 3rd, 2019: Rep. Hern is one of 71 Republicans who votes against a resolution to disallow Russia from re-entering the G7 and makes it the G8 until it leaves Ukraine.
- December 18th, 2019: Hern ignores his Congressional duty to hold a president who has been proven to commit high crimes and misdemeanors accountable and votes against the impeachment of Donald Trump.
- March 13th, 2020: Rep. Hern votes against the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- May 15th, 2020: Hern votes against the HEROES Act, to further support the healthcare industry and citizens affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
This is what he’s doing in his first term in office. Maybe someone should think about keeping him around long term, y’know? His challenger in November is Kojo Asamoa-Caesar, the first African-American and youngest candidate to ever run for Oklahoma’s 1st Congressional District. It’s going to be a big hill for Asamoa-Caesar to climb, as the district has a +17 Republican lean in the Cook Partisan Voting Index. Still, a lot can happen, and the country looks to be particularly fed up with Team Red, especially given the handling of the Covid-19 crisis… which Kevin Hern has already shown he only views as an opportunity to exploit to make himself richer while everyday Americans are exposed to the virus and die.
One Year Ago, July 22nd, 2019: Craig Brittain (AZ)
Two Year Ago, July 22nd, 2018: Steve Montenegro (AZ)… 2018 Update
Three Years Ago, July 22nd, 2017: Steve Montenegro (AZ)… Original Profile
Four Years Ago, July 22nd, 2016: Scott Jones (CA)
Five Years Ago, July 22nd, 2015: Joe Walsh (IL)… 2015 Update
Six Years Ago, July 22nd, 2014: Joe Walsh (IL)… Original Profile