Here is what I “learned” from MSNBC between noon and 6.P.M today:
- Most reporters and guests between these hours heads exploded all over the TV screen because House progressives held up a vote on the BIF.
- “Democrats in Disarray!” was actually said by Garrette Haake and I believe others. It’s hard to tell how many times this worn out old narrative was used today. It was like being under a waterfall of disinformation.
- This made me wonder if there was an auditory equivalent to subliminal messaging? I was mostly listening because I was working on my computer and not always watching the TV.
- MSNBC decided to get Joe Manchin’s old advisor Jonathan Kott to gaslight us that Manchin was for all the good things in the reconciliation bill. Message: Joe Manchin isn’t holding up the Biden Agenda!
- There was BREATHLESS coverage of President Joe Biden’s visit to House Democrats! This was because at ANY MINUTE KNOW there might be a vote in the House on BIF! Stay Tuned!!!!
- Don’t give up on Speaker Pelosi! She’s about to work magic and have a House vote on BIF!
- While Biden was meeting with House Democrats, “moderate” House Democrats complained in private to MSNBC that President Biden was wwwwwaaaayyyy to nice to progressives!
- Did I mention that the lack of a BIF vote was entirely the fault of House progressives, according to MSNBC?
- Hallie Jackson — Ms. BREATHLESS HERSELF — took a few minutes out of her show to marvel at how House progressives had effectively “flexed their muscles’ to stop the vote on the BIF. She actually did a small analysis that pointed out that Blue Dog Democrats did NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS to dictate terms as they did ten years ago during things like pasasge of the ACA. In fact, there are more progressives now in the House, AND they are far more effective as a block now.
- And for a few minutes, only minutes mind you, Congresswoman Primila Jayapal was given a positive review as the leader of the House Progressive Caucus.
- I normally enjoy Nicole Wallace’s show, but her show has fallen down the shitter lately. And the reason is that she is giving way too much air time to Krysten Sinema’s BFF Claire McCaskill. And guess which group of Democrats she complained had to give in? Yeah, you got it. Progressives!
- And they made more air time for the likes of Congressman Cuellar (Blue Dog) than any progressive.
It was only at 6 P.M. that this deluge of BS stopped.