I am surfacing to let everyone know the following:
- I am still alive.
- Work has been super-busy and stressful, which is why I haven’t had the energy or inclination to write a diary lately.
- The Double Felinoid is still alive.
- What energy I’ve had has been devoted to rewriting two — yes, two — papers for publication in an upcoming third volume of proceedings of the Societatis Johannis Higginsis. I don’t have publication details as yet, but we’re hoping to get this out sometime in the first half of 2022.
- The Last Homely Shack East of the Manhan is still standing.
- In addition to work and revisions, I’ve also started martial arts classes, resumed choir practice with the Pioneer Valley Symphony, joined the local food co-op, and knitted. A lot.
- Easthampton, Massachusetts, still exists.
- An article about my great summer discovery (i.e., a written reference to pieced clothing from the early 1500’s) will appear in an upcoming issue of Blanket Statements, the house organ of the American Quilt Study Group.
- Richie Neal is still my congressman. *meh*
- I will return next week with my annual holiday shopping guide, after which I’ll go back into hibernation until January.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts still exists, and thank God for it.
- Life goes on.
So see you next week, good gentles all, and enjoy Thanksgiving.