Kwanzaa is celebrated from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1. “Matunda ya kwanza” means “first fruits of the harvest”. As a harvest festival, it would fit better in a warmer climate than where I am, for sure. But the themes of Unity, Creativity, Faith, Purpose, Cooperative Economics, Self-Determination, and Collective Work and Responsibility are universal and timeless. So are feasting, music, dance, and poetry.
This year the annual theme is “Practicing Kwanzaa and the Seven Principles: Ensuring the Well-Being of the World”
Collective Work and Responsibility.
PWBPeeps is a group that posts a daily diary and nightly open thread for animal lovers. We share photos, seek & give advice about pet health and behavior issues, support each other in times of sadness and stress, celebrate together when times are good, and on most days have an inordinate amount of fun.
You are welcome to join us!
Here are few not-too-onerous PWB rules
- Do not “Troll” the Pootie Peeps Diaries. If you don’t like animal diaries, there’s no need to tell us about it. Just go find some other diary more to your liking.
- Whatever happens in the outer blog STAYS in the outer blog. This is a place to relax and play; please treat it accordingly.
- If you would like a pic from the comment threads, please ask the poster. He/she may have a copyright to those pics. Many thanks!
- There are some pics we never post: snakes, creepy crawlies, any and all photos that depict or encourage human cruelty toward animals. These are considered “out of bounds” and will not be tolerated.
- If you’re not sure about an issue...please ask. Someone is always glad to help.