The video below explains the benefits of the circle and the process to conduct the circle. The circles can be both in person or conducted using video conferencing using Zoom. Clearly, Daily Kos or Street Prophets Empathy Circles would have to be conducted using zoom.
Some text about the benefits of Empathy Circles from the transcript of the above video:
Empathy Circle Benefits
- An easy practice to learn and host
- Develops active listening skills
- Each participant is seen, heard, and understood to their satisfaction
- Builds trust
- Supports a team building
- Bridges personal, social & political divides
- Helps head off conflict
- Helps resolve existing conflicts
- Offers emotional support in healing
- It is a foundation for other community building practices
From video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wyKW7Jebgck
Currently, there are about 60 empathy circles being run on zoom per month. Just about one or two per day. One can see the calendar of meetings, focus, times, and join links at this address: https://www.empathycircle.com/schedule.
For more information about the process visit the Empathy Circle Website at this address: https://www.empathycircle.com/home.
I’m considering taking the 5 week facilitator training class and set up the poll to see if their would be any interest in forming a Street Prophets Empathy Circle. I will post more in this topic in a future Monday Open Thread.
Would you participate in a Street Prophets Empathy Circle?