Oh crap. While we were not watching, Javier Milei, the radical, far-right, trump-loving, bat-shit-crazy populist/fascist, just got elected as the president of Argentina.
Provisional results showed Mr Milei had nearly 56% of the vote compared with 44% for Mr Massa, with almost 90% of votes counted.
Milei managed to convince Argentinians that he will be their savior against the chronic skyrocketing inflation plaguing the Argentinian economy.
Mr Milei's proposals include — (source www.cnnphilippines.com/...)
- Shutting down the central bank
- Making the US dollar the country's official currency
- Slashing government spending and eliminating many agencies
- Banning abortion
- Slashing regulations on gun control
- Transferring authority over the penitentiary system from civilians to the military
- Use of public funds to support families who choose to educate their children privately
- Privatizing the health sector, which in Argentina has always been in public hands
Trump-loving, climate-change denying, trash-talking Milei has zero governing experience.
What were Argentinians thinking?
Meanwhile, Republicans are celebrating tonight.
trump congratulated Mr Milei on his victory, saying he would "Make Argentina Great Again!".
Elon Musk posted: “Prosperity is ahead for Argentina”.
More coverage at