Charlotte Dennett says it is necessary to follow the money. She points out it is still about oil and more, even in the Israel/Hamas war.
Charlotte Dennett on Israeli conflict.
Watch Politics Done Right T.V. here.
Podcasts (Video — Audio)
Here’s a summary of the main points from Dennett’s interview. She talks about there being an oil component in the Ukraine & Israel wars.
- Charlotte Dennett’s Background: Charlotte Dennett, the daughter of America’s first master spy in the Middle East, is an investigative reporter and author. Her book, initially titled “The Crash of Flight 3804” and later renamed “Follow the Pipelines,” delves into the politics of oil and its influence on global conflicts.
- Oil and Gas Reserves in Ukraine and Gaza: Dennett discusses the significant oil and natural gas reserves in Ukraine, which are second only to Russia in Europe, and their role in the conflict there. Similarly, she mentions large natural gas reserves off the coast of Gaza, discovered by British Gas and contracted by the Palestinian Authority, highlighting the political and economic implications of these resources.
- Middle East Policies and Infrastructure Projects: Dennett criticizes the Middle East policies of various administrations, including Trump’s and Biden’s. She also touches on the Nord Stream pipelines and their strategic importance in supplying Europe with energy, as well as a proposed canal project in Israel that would rival the Suez Canal.
- The Geopolitical Game of Oil: The interview explores how control over oil and gas resources plays a significant role in geopolitical strategies and conflicts. Dennett suggests that both the conflicts in Ukraine and Gaza have underlying motives related to securing energy resources.
- Charlotte Dennett’s Perspective on Israel-Palestine Conflict: Dennett discusses the historical and ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine, focusing on the role of natural gas reserves in shaping the conflict. She highlights the disparity in the destruction and casualties between Gaza and Israel and condemns the violence and humanitarian impact of these conflicts.
This summary captures the essence of the interview, focusing on the key themes of geopolitical strategies surrounding oil and gas resources and their influence on international conflicts.
For additional access to my books, our media/radio programs, and to support Progressive Independent media, please subscribe to my Substack newsletter, Egberto Off the Record, and/or support our Patreon.