S2E81 on Omny.FM (and links to all of his podcasts)
ivoox also carries his podcast.
There was an episode of The Simpsons where Sideshow Bob ran for mayor of Springfield. Bob won, and Lisa claimed that he had cheated. It ended up in court, and Lisa tried the tactic: Sideshow Bob couldn’t possibly have committed election fraud because he’s not smart enough to. Whereupon Sideshow Bob proves that in fact he did.
Now why would this episode of Countdown bring that to mind?
- Trump is demanding that Judge Tonya Chutkan give his lawyers access to the FULL classified intelligence report proving the 2016 Russian interference, and so what if he’s spent seven uninterrupted years honking and bleating about “The Russia Hoax” and denigrating the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 election, while insisting there was no Russian interference and making it an article of faith within the Republican Cult that he was cleared of any Russian collusion and election subversion and so what if he WASN’T cleared of Russian collusion and election subversion because there WAS no Russian collusion and election subversion except now his defense is: there was TOO Russian collusion and election subversion.
- “Whereas the Special Counsel’s Office falsely alleges that President Trump ‘eroded public faith in the administration of the election’,” write his lawyers in a light night filing demanding more documents for their defense against Jack Smith’s Washington case, “the 2016 Election Intelligence Community Assessment uses strikingly similar language to attribute the origins of that erosion to foreign influence — that is, foreign efforts to ‘undermine public faith in the U-S democratic process.”
- Plus: Some of Mike Pence’s interview with Jack Smith and his Grand Jury testimony has leaked and Trump could go to jail over the placement of a comma. In his book, Pence recounted that he spoke to Trump on Christmas Day of 2020 when the Pence-Can-Block-The-Certification Plot was already well underway. In the book Pence quotes himself as telling Trump — and the punctuation is essential: “You know, I don’t think I have the authority to change the outcome." But Pence told the investigators that the comma shouldn’t have been there at all and what he said was, quote, “You KNOW I don’t think I have the authority to change the outcome,” which suggests that Trump had begun to pressure — to threaten — Pence to violate the constitution at least 13 days before the January 6th coup attempt. And that is DAMNING. Not the colloquial “y’know” but “You KNOW I can’t do that.”
- And some of Liz Cheney’s book is out and the shock of all shocks: Donald Trump has actually spent some of his adult life not eating: “She recounts the moment she first found out that McCarthy, fearing he had lost his ability to fundraise, secretly went to visit Trump at Mar-a-Lago just three weeks after the Jan. 6 attack. At first, Cheney thought the photo of the two men smiling and shaking hands was fake. But she was incredulous at McCarthy’s defense of his visit. He claimed Trump’s staff summoned him. “Mar-a-Lago? What the hell, Kevin?” Cheney asked. “They’re really worried,” McCarthy said. “Trump’s not eating, so they asked me to come see him.” “What? You went to Mar-a-Lago because Trump’s not eating?” Cheney responded. “Yeah, he’s really depressed,” McCarthy said.
- Oh, have I got a couple jokes for YOU.
Donald Trump and Kevin McCarthy?
Is TomJumboGrumbo leaving, though?
His latest post (along the lines of “Every Dog Has Its Day”) concerns Bubble, in Devore, CA.
Prompting DeSantis to say, “I could kill a guy with a heart attack, in the State Capitol, and not lose a single vote.”
She’s from Yale. She yust got out.
Later in that session:
Ramney also cited a study that when abandoned buildings are repaired and vacant lots are replaced with trees, there is a decrease in gun violence and the stress and depression in the surrounding neighborhoods.
“No disrespect, doc, but that sounds a lot like word salad to me,” Kennedy told her.
Actually, it’s known as the Broken Windows Theory, and is a thing. It was actually tried in New York City, when the mayor was [shuffles papers] Rudy Giuliani. But who expects a U.S. Senator to know that sort of thing?
Back to you, Keith.
- THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: My friend who wrote all the original "This Is SportsCenter" commercials, Hank Perlman, visited yesterday. So it’s time to review our greatest work, especially the famous Alexi Lalas Guitar Smash episode.
Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!