S2E86 on Omny.FM (and links to all of his podcasts)
ivoox also carries his podcast.
- SPECIAL COMMENT: The seven justices of the Supreme Court have given no indication HOW they will rule on Trump’s disqualification under the 14th Amendment, and they have given no indication WHEN they will rule, but here’s a bigger issue: They have no RIGHT to rule. The 14th Amendment clearly, unquestionably, inarguably, and ETERNALLY states that an insurrectionist can’t serve in an elected federal or state office, or a lot of other offices, and it doesn’t allow anybody to overrule the Constitution because the 14th Amendment already HAS a means for disqualified traitors to appeal — the drafters OF the 14thAmendment BUILT THAT REMEDY IN — and they have already designated two bodies to overrule disqualification under special circumstances, and those bodies are the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate and if they each vote by two-thirds to let Trump back on the ballot, he’s back on the ballot. That is, for all practical purposes, IN the Constitution! And if they DON’T, he’s not. That is also, for all practical purposes, in the Constitution!
- And we KNOW this because it was written, principally, by Congressman John Bingham, a Radical Republican who not only was one of the House Managers for the IMPEACHMENT of President [Andrew … We hear about Lyndon later. — P] Johnson, but earlier Bingham had been the Assistant Judge Advocate General during the trial of the accomplices of the man who murdered Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth. And if John Bingham’s attitude towards insurrectionists wasn’t clear enough from the 14thAmendment and the completely justified slow roasting of President Andrew Johnson — just a reminder: the eight co-conspirators charged in the Lincoln Assassination that the co-author of the 14th Amendment PROSECUTED included Mrs. Mary Surratt who ran the boarding house where the conspirators met, and the stagehand at Ford’s Theater who did nothing more than hold Booth’s horse while he went in and murdered the president.
Nowadays, that’s known as “driving the getaway car.”
- They HANGED half of the defendants — including the woman who ran the boarding house. Three of the other four were given life sentences. The guy who held the horse got six years at hard labor. They DID make a concession to Mrs. Surratt. While they were preparing to hang her and the others they let her sit in a chair.
- The authors of the 14th Amendment weren’t EFFING AROUND.
- Plus: I’ve GOT it. I’ve GOT President Biden’s version of the famous only-ran-once only-needed-to-run once Lyndon Johnson 1964 “Daisy” commercial.
Thank God that the man that was elected didn’t get us involve in a horrible war.
But the Democrats maybe could distribute buttons with a picture of Trump on them that say: “In your brain, you know he’s insane.”
Meanwhile, in Arizona, the fake electors have not been charged with anything yet. Hopefully by the time you read this, A.G. Kris Mayes will force me to update that statement. However, two Arizona officials who delayed certifying the results in Cochise have been indicted by Mayes.
- IN SPORTS: After just 5½ years of rumors: Juan Soto to the Yankees? The White Sox to Nashville? And why, yes, I did sell a 1914 Babe Ruth Baltimore Orioles rookie card for seven figures — why do you ask?
- THE WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD: NYC Mayor Eric “No, Not Trump” Adams (appointed, he says, by God) has an approval rating of 28%.
Maybe he’s not as popular with the other gods?
And in other Musk news, Musk now has a new AI called … ready? … xAI. Any bets on when it will outsmart him?
- THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: The fanciness of the British accent trips me up on my way to interviewing Mickey Mantle. Also the guy WITH the woman with the fancy British accent was wearing a CAPE.
Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!