Episode #222 of the Countdown podcast is up.
OnMy.FM link (which also links to his previous podcasts)
ivoox also carries his podcast.
- SPECIAL COMMENT: The White House correspondent for the UK newspaper The Independent Andrew Feinberg reports that Special Counsel Jack Smith will ask his Washington grand jury to indict Donald Trump for violating the Espionage Act and for obstructing justice — no later than a week FROM today and as early as today. The Independent also reports that Smith has been RATHER clever. The anticipated indictment of Trump about the stolen documents will be for violating 18 US Code 793, Gathering, Transmitting or Losing Defense Information, a part of that does NOT require that any actual documents in question to be CLASSIFIED, but merely that there is defense information involved and the accused stole it or told others about it or lost it. That in turn means that the cornerstone of Trump’s defense: A president can declassify whatever he wants, he doesn’t have to tell anybody he’s done it, he just does it by thinking about it with his superior mind — is irrelevant. Classified, shmassified. Those guilty of doing it “shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years or both”.
- The timing caveat, quoting The Independent: ”It is understood that prosecutors intend to ask grand jurors to vote on the indictment on Thursday but that vote could be delayed as much as a week until the next meeting of the grand jury to allow for a complete presentation of evidence, or to allow investigators to gather more evidence for presentation if necessary” unquote. The caveat from a news consumer’s P-O-V should be: as of recording time, there is no separate reporting confirming what The Independent published. However, The Guardian says Trump’s lawyers were told LAST WEEK by Smith’s office that he is a prosecutorial target on the stolen documents and obstruction of justice. The New York Times says Trump’s legal team was notified he is the target on the HANDLING of the documents, but no idea when. ABC, CNN and Politico report the lawyers were sent a target letter.
So he still might be indicted on his birthday (Wednesday).
- POSTSCRIPTS TO THE NEWS: CNN fired Chris Licht
CHRIS LICHT EATS PASTE!!!!!!
- — at dawn — in Central Park — explains what caused all the damn SMOKE here. He was fired for being a schmuck. He should’ve been fired for not understanding that the cable news “middle” he pursued doesn’t exist, will never exist, hasn’t existed for 25 years. Journalism and “advocacy” and profits can all be made. You just have to be what he wasn’t: Good At It.
- UPDATE: Fox is telling Tucker Carlson he can’t DO a “series” on Twitter. They have a contract with him, he can’t create video content for any rivals, and they’re right. Besides, Episode 1 revealed his awful secret: Tucker Carlson sucks at just staring at a camera and yammering. Take the cash, Tuckson
- THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: I’ve been talking about Chris Licht since August 19 of last year — the 15th episode in this series. I want you to listen what I said then, the day after he cancelled the network’s only show that recognized the threat to democracy that was Fox News and its imitators.
That’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!
EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY