S2E44 of the Countdown podcast is up at iHeart Radio.
S2E44 on Omny.FM (which also links to his previous podcasts)
ivoox also carries his podcast.
- SPECIAL COMMENT: THE NEW TRUMP FATWA. Trump has now threatened another judge. As usual, by inference, and with just enough space between him and the call for violence that he can deny it when it happens. It’s another Trump Fatwa and he personally is now issuing more of them — and more often — than is the government of Iran. So Tanya Chutkan’s coming decision — next week? the week after? — on the Jack Smith gag order looms even larger than before and bluntly she should skip the gag order and go directly to revoking his bail and putting him behind bars.
- Since last Friday he has tried to incite someone to kill the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and has accused the news media of “country-threatening treason” and promised to make its people “pay a very big price” for criticizing him. Since last month he has threatened the Special Counsel and the District Attorney of Fulton County Georgia and the District Attorney of Manhattan and the Attorney General of the State of New York and a woman he has sexually assaulted and an ex-president he doxed and everybody in the country who might fit under the phrase “If you go after me, I’m coming after you” and Judge Chutkan herself.
- Now it’s Judge Arthur Engoron: “We need justice in our country! This political hack judge … must be stopped.” The only hack who must be stopped — by the law — is Trump. Chutkan has every right to do so, and she must. I now have slightly more hope after she slapped him around for 20 pages last night, rejecting a demand that she recuse herself because she had referenced him while sentencing other January 6 conspirators. She called his interpretation of her remarks “hypersensitive, cynical and suspicious” — yeah, that’s him pretty much.
- And then there’s Trump’s accomplices: The news media. The New York Times makes a phenomenal journalistic failure that protects Trump, and while the Fascists have a giant pretend-news propaganda infrastructure bankrolled by billionaires, the sad truth is, the “Liberal Media” relies for its funding on: Commercials on Maddow’s show, for Dr. Scholl’s Skin Tag Remover. Biden, Democrats, and democracy itself needs its rich people to spend to fight back against the Fox/Alex Jones/Joe Rogan machine with something promoting actual liberal-oriented news. And damned soon.
Don Junior didn’t clean up his room, I guess.
- THINGS I PROMISED NOT TO TELL: Apropos of the idea that the vast right wing conspiracy is mostly about controlling the narrative, let me re-tell the day 15 years ago when the Republicans told Tom Brokaw to either get me off MSNBC’s coverage of the rest of the presidential campaign, or watch as their candidate refused to show up to the Presidential Debate Brokaw was to moderate. Brokaw not only did it, but he boasted about it in a New York Times article that’s still online
That’s all the damage for now. Good morning, good afternoon, good night, and good luck!