You can click here to donate to Coons and Udall's campaigns:The 2014 Senate election cycle is really heating up, and this week Republicans in Congress are giving us a reminder why we must defend our Democratic Senate majority.
Threatening to shut down the federal government if we don't enact their extreme, right-wing agenda will be just the tip of the iceberg if Republicans take back the Senate. You, me, and the rest of our Green Mountain PAC community need to make sure it doesn't happen.
Today I wanted to give a shout out on behalf of two outstanding senators who are working hard to be re-elected and defend our Democratic majority: Senator Chris Coons from Delaware and Senator Mark Udall from Colorado.
Republicans know they only need to pick up six seats to take the majority and enact their radical vision of the future -- so they're coming after leaders like Senators Coons and Udall with everything they've got.
We need to get their back before the major FEC fundraising deadline on September 30.Will you make an urgent contribution to support Senators Chris Coons and Mark Udall -- and defend our Democratic majority -- before the September 30 fundraising deadline?Right now, Senators Coons and Udall are running strong -- building effective campaigns that will help them keep fighting for opportunity for the middle class, transparency at agencies like the NSA, and full equality for LGBT Americans. Their leadership on these and other key issues has been critical to major progressive victories like repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell and reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act.
But their leadership also makes them a target for right-wing extremists anxious to pick up a Senate seat, and maybe the majority, because we weren't paying attention.Radicals like Ken Buck in Colorado -- who suggested being gay was akin to alcoholism during his previous U.S. Senate run -- and the Koch Brothers -- who just revealed more than $250 million in previously undisclosed spending and a "secret bank" they used to support conservative causes in 2012 -- are hoping that we'll be complacent. We can't afford to let up.
Join me today, and make an urgent contribution to support Senators Chris Coons and Mark Udall before the September 30 deadline!
Green Mountain PAC has always stood up to fight for the leaders who fight beside us.
We can do it again. In fact, we must do it again.
Together, let's help re-elect Senators Coons and Udall, two champions of our shared progressive values, and protect the Democratic Senate majority.
Thank you for your generous support today.
Senator Patrick Leahy (D. VT), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, is fundraising for two of his closest colleagues on the committee:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- and Sen. Clinton, and Sen. Warren and MoveOn and People for the American Way and Friends Committee on National Legislation and Democratic Nationnal Committee and DailyKos and so many others. But, ...83 comments 121 Recs
- You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...217 comments 219 Recs
- Bernie Sanders continued bringing the truth to the media world on CNBC's John Harwood. “I think it’s sick, and I think these people are so greedy. They’re so out of touch with reality, and ...139 comments 392 Recs
- Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...45 comments 31 Recs
- Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...93 comments 78 Recs
- Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...7 comments 8 Recs
- A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.232 comments 148 Recs
- Mark Weisbrot , writing at Aljazeera is of the opinion that the public discussion of the TPP has been much more robust than discussion of NAFTA had ever been. And that ...131 comments 248 Recs
- Ann Kirkpatrick Tuesday morning brought some exciting news for Arizona Democrats, as Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced she'd run against veteran ...57 comments 59 Recs
- Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski lost her 2010 primary, and she may be a conservative target again Last week, Roll Call reported that state Sen. Mike ...2 comments 6 Recs
- No current results.