I'm sure it's been all over the Interwebs as a game/meme/whatever it's called, but I saw it last night on a friend's page (thanks Paul!) and decided to share here. Oh yeah, it's musical, which I haven't done in a while... follow me below the
dingledoodle squigglie dKosagnocchi dividerthingie fold after a word from our sponsor...
Here at Top Comments we strive to nourish community by rounding up some of the site's best, funniest, most mojo'd & most informative commentary, and we depend on your help!! If you see a comment by another Kossack that deserves wider recognition, please send it either to topcomments at gmail or to the Top Comments group mailbox by 9:30pm Eastern. Please please please include a few words about why you sent it in as well as your user name (even if you think we know it already :-)), so we can credit you with the find!
It's pretty simple, really:
Name five songs you think everyone should have on their mp3 player. Each song needs to be a different genre.
Here's what I came up with off the top of my head. Which is to say, if I did it again now, I'd choose between one and five of them differently:
Classical: Symphony #9/Ode To Joy - BeethovenThere are many, many songs that could fill those genres. There are genres upon genres that could fill just the single word "Rock", and if I'd had more time today I'd done a top 5 rock-subgenre songs. However, K1 had the State swim meet today, and that's where I was :).
Big Band: Sing Sing Sing - Louis Prima (covered by Benny Goodman)
Rock: Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Folk: Blowin' in the Wind - Bob Dylan
New Age - Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield
What are your 5 musical must-haves at this particular moment?
Brillig's ObDisclaimer: The decision to publish each nomination lies with the evening's Diarist and/or Comment Formatter. My evenings at the helm, I try reeeeallllyy hard to publish everything without regard to content. I really do, even when I disagree personally with any given nomination. "TopCommentness" lies in the eyes of the nominator and of you, the reader - I leave the decision to you. I do not publish self-nominations (ie your own comments) and if I ruled the world, we'd all build community, supporting and uplifting instead of tearing our fellow Kossacks down.
From Steveningen:In my diary Mary Cheney and wife give Liz a piece of their minds, jayden responded to a comment wondering if the airing of family disputes over the issue of marriage equality was appropriate. A serious case as to why it certainly was appropriate was made.
high uintas & maggid flagged this comment by Stuart Heady
jplanner flagged this comment by richardak.
From Yours Truly, brillig:Laura Clawson brings us stupidity on parade. Mokurai brings a good solution.
Top Mojo for yesterday, November 16th, first comments and tip jars excluded. Thank you mik for the mojo magic! For those of you interested in How Top Mojo Works, please see his diary FAQing Top Mojo.
1) We'll have to see by Dallasdoc — 128
2) It's only fair the banksters give Geithner by TJ — 107
3) Perhaps Sanders SHOULD be running...listen to this by Love Me Slender — 106
4) don't count them out yet by rugbymom — 84
5) Wow, that article is fantastic. by slksfca — 82
6) 1st they came for the t-shirts, and we did nothing by vonrobkin — 81
7) You act like this is funny! by gjohnsit — 81
8) Another good article on this viewpoint is by Heavy Mettle — 81
9) He was Casually Musing About It Yesterday by Gooserock — 79
10) If they think this Pope is too liberal, wait until by Susan from 29 — 78
11) It's all a question of when, not if. by Pluto — 78
12) They owe him billions if not trillions by Horace Boothroyd III — 76
13) It was just a matter of time by don mikulecky — 76
14) That young woman has promise by Steveningen — 73
15) This is great... thank you. by pico — 71
16) If he did run as an independent by Dallasdoc — 69
17) He wants a progressive to run. I hope one by catilinus — 68
18) Of course that's because my income by CoyoteMarti — 66
19) My mom was terrified I would get polio by Navy Vet Terp — 64
20) 'The Devil most fears to be mocked.' by Jim P — 62
21) The Teapublicans' Pied Piper by Lefty Coaster — 62
22) Unfortunately when smart and educated people get by Andrew F Cockburn — 63
23) One of the parents made an excellent point by voracious — 60
24) We have some of America's greatest by Pluto — 60
25) this is great stuff. thanks. great follow-up by p gorden lippy — 60
26) Left ideas need to be visible in America by global citizen — 58
27) Cutting costs doesn't always work well by LookingUp — 58
28) And this has too often gotten lost in the shuffle: by Susan from 29 — 57
29) That's not the only way this could play out by Dallasdoc — 57
30) South Carolina is not the answer by corwin — 56
Top Pictures for yesterday, November 16th. Click any image to be taken to the full comment. Thank you jotter for the image magic!