With any issue that comes up during the current presidency, there are several truths that appear unassailable.
Let's say that a new issue comes up, and solely for this example, let's make it an honest, existing, and certifiable issue. Today, let's choose the CBO report on jobs. By the number:
1. The actual fact is that the CBO predicts that up to 2,000,000, who have been stuck in horrific, unappealing, even dangerous and underpaid jobs solely to have access to medical care, now have the opportunity to seek real medical coverage, without the need to continue acting as serfs and slaves to a poor or nasty employer.
2. The next thing that happens is that the GO P sTalking Heads mangle the issue, take it out of context, and mis-use it as the basis of an unwarranted, wrong-headed, fact-free attack on ObamaCare, the President, and the Democrats in office.
(There are two possibilities as to why this happens, or perhaps a blend of both. One, there are some pretty fucked up shit-heels that populate the brain rust of the GO P. They deliberately skew, screw with, and mangle a set of facts, and turn it into an attack. The fact that it is a sandcastle build in a flood zone, with a high tide coming in is not material. The goal is to attack, to change the attack if the unpleasantly fact-based truths begin to come out, and to press the attack at every possible moment, avenue, opportunity or media event.
Secondly, (and although I favor this one, I cannot help but think the first has some weight to it) the folks that make up the sTalking Heads of the Go P, are so willfully ignorant, so unread, so unable to process complex ideas, that a sentence containing one big word, or a proposition that requires self-reflection, analysis, and rational thought, is so beyond their capabilities, that they simply misread and misunderstand the CBO's actual intentions and findings.
3. Immediately after the attack by the GO P, a group of yellow democrats, more afraid of their shadow than Punxutawney Phil while still drugged on barbiturates to keep him from biting, start complaining and making waves as though massive changes are needed to the ACA.
4. After calmer heads actually read the CBO report, and patiently explain to the scaredy-cat faction of the Democratic Party what the CBO report ACTUALLY said (being careful to speak slowly, clearly, and without any excitement or interruption) the Yellow bellied faction suddenly realize that the GO P has played them (and the media, the public, and anyone else alive) for chumps for the 7,381 time since Obama was elected. But, they uniformly say, We won't be surprised again, and frankly, we believe the GO P has learned their lessons and won't repeat this type of gamesmanshit.
5. The Go P brain rust then picks some other topic, sprinkled with several statements about impeachment, some Ben Gazzi dude from Libya, and the utter lawlessness of the president.
6. The CBO report is then ignored studiously by the media, because of the new attacks concocted by the Go P.
FROM THE CHURCH OF INEFFABLE STUPIDITY:
Let's take it as a given that at least 2,000,000 slave away in horrible jobs, in dead-end positions, and work for bosses who think Dickens was right about job conditions. They now have access to health care. Ergo, they leave their employment, quite possibly telling the Teabuggered boss what they really think of their leadership skills, their political idiocy, and their misuse and abuse of workers.
That's right. THEY LEAVE.
What does that do to the employers who squandered a hard working asset? Stuck. In. A. Rut. and suddenly forced to change how they do business. That means they have to bid more for employees, they have to make the workplace a more appealing, friendly and professional place to work. They have to pay their new employees more, and they may even have to add more benefits.
The net result? An upward market push on the lowest wages, leading to higher pay for those who most can use it.
There is another possibility. A boss who still is an underpaying asshole, a virtual tyrant to his staff, and an unreasonable SOB, will find his company facing serious employment issues, and might even close down. That too, is probably a benefit for everyone else.
Of course this issue is going to burn the assholes of your standard TeaBuggered GO Per, worse than a plateful of habanero peppers on the way out. How dare a common peon, a lowly serf, and slave to a paycheck, HAVE A REASONABLE CHOICE simply because health care is now widely acceptable.
Higher wages, better working conditions, happier workers (due to having guaranteed access to health care and increased income) - this is what the ACA hath wrought. It still is not single payor, it still faces massive inhumane, and irrational opposition in too many states run by idiots and GO Pers (but I repeat myself). But watch workers begin to flee those states and move businesses, demand, housing needs, and economic growth to those states that do provide care to all. The movement of workers will happen, and will shock the TeaBuggered Media whores who still love to paint Scott Walker, Rick Parry, Chris Christie and that Florida thief as heroes.
Businesses will also come to realize that in their own best interest, in a longer term strategic move, they should also move to states with proper health care programs.