I want to launch a fundraising drive for five Democratic candidates and the three Democratic campaign committees (DCCC
Given past fundraising successes, I think we can raise a significant amount of money for these campaigns. So here's the deal, I want to target four House races and one Senate race. Here are the requirements:
- The candidates have to be challengers to sitting Republicans or open Republican seats. No incumbents.
- They have to be official or presumptive nominees. No seriously contested primary battles.
- Races in battleground states get bonus points, but it's not necessary.
- The campaigns can't be afraid of being associated with us lefty loonies here at dKos.
- The candidates must be Proud Democrats. There is no ideological litmus test. Rather, the candidates have to speak like real Democrats.
I thought about making "competitiveness" a requirement but changed my mind. Sometimes, a poorly-funded candidate can wreak more damage against a Republican incumbent with a relatively small cash infusion than a well-funded candidate in a competitive race targeted by all the party organizations.
We need to challenge as many seats as possible. Depending on the success of this campaign we could expand the number of targeted races. But for now, let's talk about the first five.
Comments are closed on this story.