Isn't it true that Republican politicians are the zombie pawns of alien right wing zillionaires, manipulating those politicians into (a) getting elected by masterful manipulation of the basest prejudices of the parts of the population most vulnerable to manipulation, and (b) either (i) passing legislation most harmful to the non-zillionaires, or (ii) obstructing anything good from happening, with the goal of destroying our ability to govern ourselves? I can't decide whether this is Invasion of the Body Snatchers or the Manchurian Candidate; but the level of Zombie, rote, meaningless (other than "dog whistle") rhetoric issuing from the mouths of pretty much every Republican on television is so stultifying, I suppose, now that I think about it, that I haven't seen anything so deadening since Stalinist propaganda.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Mike Cohen
- It's long past time to value every life equally. I can't tell you what it's like to be black in America today. I can't tell you what it feels like to watch young black people be killed because of ...295 comments 98 Recs
- My first stop in America was a little town called Brenham, Texas, in 1979. It is the home of the famous Texas Blue Bell Ice Cream and Blinn Junior College. My ticket to study engineering in ...87 comments 206 Recs
- Cross posted at Working Man Radio . Please recommend this diary. George Zimmerman has hatched another brilliant plan for his defense. The facial justification is to prove that Trayvon Martin was ...30 comments 16 Recs
- “As a reward for a quarter-century of patiently fulfilling their duties, career bureaucrats may expect a second career as . . . ...89 comments 85 Recs
- They flagged me down around 2:00 AM---a couple of grungy-looking characters standing in front of the Daily Pint in Santa Monica. The bar was closed, and they were looking to go to McArthur Park, ...37 comments 77 Recs
- I set the scene and tell the three-fold story below.33 comments 38 Recs
- America is a lovely country, but familiarity breeds contempt. For forty-odd years I've cherished the dream of escaping somewhere outside the bubble of American media domination, to a place where ...9 comments 18 Recs
- If the Bush tax cuts -- all of them, NOT just those on the wealthy -- are allowed to expire, in 2013 (assuming I make the same income that I am this year, which isn't a given since much of my income ...11 comments 20 Recs
- I was kind of saddened by the recent Quinnipiac Poll . Saddened by its inference that if the election where held today, President Obama would beat Romney by only 4 points (46-42). As the poll was ...10 comments 5 Recs
Mike Cohen's Tags
- No current results.
Mike Cohen's Blogroll
- No current results.