... double the number of searches [the unemployed] make for a job from two to four a week, one of the toughest requirements in the country.That’s right; the solution is to force people who can’t find a job look for more jobs. This Orwellian thinking only makes sense in GOPLand (the land that time and common sense forgot). Instead of doing something to raise wages and create jobs the GOP is doing everything it can to shift the blame for all that has gone wrong under Walker onto the unemployed and the poor. Can’t find a job? You aren’t looking hard enough. Need food stamps? You can only eat what we tell you to eat.
Governor Scott Walker and his GOP cronies are still struggling to create even a fraction of the 250,000 jobs Scott Walker promised he would create during his first (and hopefully only) term. In a bold move to “create jobs” the Wisconsin Legislature’s budget committee has introduced a proposal that would:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, Major Kong, xxdr zombiexx, 3goldens, Kevskos, joedemocrat, Dirtandiron, greengemini, Oh Mary Oh, bgblcklab1, Sand Hill Crane, IT Professional, Sark Svemes, a2nite, Glen The Plumber, ShoshannaD, Ashes of Roses, LaraJones
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Mark E Andersen
- Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.142 comments 90 Recs
- but not just yet. As a very few of you know, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer in late 2012 and treated with radiation in 2013. The treatment appeared to have beaten the disease into ...397 comments 739 Recs
- The only course open to us now is to make an assault by fire on the barbarians under cover of night. Sun Tzu One byproduct of warfare, horrible as it may be, is that technology tends to make ...53 comments 77 Recs
- Sorry, nothing aviation related. The statistics will tell you that flying is quite safe even if your "gut" says otherwise. It was much more mundane than that. Someone almost ran me over.278 comments 422 Recs
- The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...56 comments 247 Recs
- Payless Furniture Outlet in Lawrence, Kansas has finally, once and for all, closed their doors. But not before a few final shots could be thrown at the town they leave behind. Lawrence, KS, one of ...324 comments 263 Recs
- Police: 4 dead, including suspect, in Menasha shooting ☮31 comments 58 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...132 comments 137 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...603 comments 787 Recs
- Tired of the "distraction," the NFL is moving on.117 comments 108 Recs