The entire content of the War On Women is abortion, so says Kathleen Parker in her September 30,2014 Op.Ed. I happened across it over the weekend in my parent's hometown paper. I have been stewing on it ever since. Today I found the time to churn out what I hope to submit as a letter to the editor. I thought I'd share it here first.
In a segment on his show, John Oliver gives an excellent, amusing, and a little NSFW, overview of the net neutrality situation. He invited all internet commenters to go to FCC.gov/comments. The site seems to be overwhelmed since this aired.
There is another way! The FCC has established an email inbox for commenting on the issue of Net Neutrality.
NYS Senator Bill Perkins and Assembly Health Chair Richard N. Gottfried introduce a bill today calling for a single payer system called New York Health.
A registration form came home from public school with my 4th grader last week. It is called an after school club, all boys and girls in grades 1-5 are invited regardless of religious background. It's free! It's fun! The name itself "Good News Club" is an immediate clue to the religious nature of the group. The list of activities include Bible Science Lessons and Scripture Memorization. Alarm bells and whistles had me running to Google. I need to get some information before I talk with the Superintendent. I will share what I have found so far, I would also appreciate any information or experiences you may have had with them that would help.
This morning I read an editorial in the local paper imploring Congress to pass the inclusive version of the VAWA. Imagine my surprise to find the author is a Republican Congressman. So thank you Rep. Richard Hanna, maybe there is a tiny bit of common sense remaining in Congress. Since I will be part of your district next year, I truly hope so.
There is an email going around asking us to all pray at the same time each day for our endangered country. My friend sends them to me, mainly because she knows I'll send a rebuttal. Her addition was the comment
I would ask that we change “the Bible” to be “the ten commandments”My answer, and the email, after we genuflect at the kneel-o-kos.
I was moved to write about the rule for contraception to be offered without co-pays by the homily I heard last Sunday. I suspect it is not the letter the Bishop hoped I'd write. I also forwarded a copy of this letter to all of my elected representatives, including the President. I thought I would share it here as well.
Just before I gathered the girls to go to a family New Year party, There were still 50 or so names on the wish list, mine among them. Oh well, I thought, it is like the scratch off lottery card my sister gave me for my birthday. The anticipation and possibility are the gifts, along with the thoughtfulness. I was pleased to have been included, better luck next time.
Before I settled down to sleep I thought I would see who had been the lucky last recipients. I was speechless to read that everyone had been added! There is a gold medallion on my profile, I am part of EVERYBODY! Thank you to all the donors that made this possible. I am really honored to be a part of this community.
This is the horrible lead in I heard on the local news tonight! The county Health and Human Services is OFFERING to be a pilot program for this nonsense. There is a very high percentage of residents on welfare here. Unfortunately for them, one of their number was arrested on drug charges and used his benefits card as an ID.
Drug Test Welfare Recipients?
Be wary of reading the comments at the link, many of them are ranting about " 'there' hard earned money" being spent on drugs, blah, blah, blah.(Misspelled in original, of course.)
I think living in this redness has helped me lean even more to the left, I could end up as a socialist.
I'll jump over the orange snowbank.
My inbox was polluted with a right-wing email. From family, unfortunately. I am trying to compose myself to compose a reply. I just don't know where to begin. Anyone out there willing to help? It is a bit long, dropped it below the orange squiggle.
That's the phrase I used in my second letter to my state representative. I had given him a letter urging him to support some issues,including marriage equality and the Reproductive Health Act in the New York State Assembly. In his response, he expressed support for another bill,A.7841, that would defund Planned Parenthood in New York State.
The town hall meeting was quite interesting. More of an informal chat.There were only 6 of us there, I was the only non-republican. As I said my piece, one older man ranted about "immoral,choice,blah,blah". My Rep. however seemed more interested. He is concerned with how his constituents feel, a poll tells him that 75% of the district oppose same sex marriage. Not wanting to get in the inevitable religious argument with the older man I left and sent the following email when I got home.
Recommended by 4mygirls
- The corporate media would like you to think Bernie Sanders can't win the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton. And they're doing their damnedest to make their own preference into a self-...192 comments 230 Recs
- Hillary Clinton, at a small-business roundtable in Iowa, loses nothing by bypassing the traditional ...260 comments 124 Recs
- Good news from Texas for a change. For those not aware of this story it actually started in December 2013 when Kari Rene Hunt's estranged husband asked her to meet him in a hotel with their ...10 comments 24 Recs
- (photo credit: G. Pisano) On Hardball tonight, Chris Matthews interviewed ex-CIA Deputy Director (and Acting Director) under George W. Bush, Michael Morrell. Here is a ...274 comments 440 Recs
- GOP Rep. Geanie Morrison sponsored anti-abortion measure that puts teens at risk. Most teenagers who are under 18 in Texas and seek an abortion must first obtain parental permission. But about 300 ...14 comments 16 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- So, having a better working alternative means we have to get our act together? Comcast sued Chattanooga Electric Power Board (EPB)98 comments 316 Recs
- In the wake of reports revealing that some health ...15 comments 55 Recs
- An Open Letter to Progressives: TPP Is Not Yet 'The Most Progressive Trade Agreement in History' By Rep. Sander Levin, Ranking Member - House Ways and Means Committee May 11, 2015 Eight years ago, ...39 comments 47 Recs
- Apparently Texas does not agree. The uninsured rate in ...211 comments 210 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.