I'll start from the beginning. I was raised around firearms my entire life. My father is retired military and taught be to shoot a small .22 pistol. He taught me responsible, safety-conscious firearms practice. He taught me how to properly use and care for a weapon. And he taught me never to point it at anything I wasn't fully prepared to kill or destroy. As I got older, I was permitted to fire his .45 pistol, which was somewhat of a rite of passage. He would never have allowed me to fire that weapon unless he know that I was a responsible, trustworthy shooter. Going to the range and putting little holes in paper may sound pointless, but for me, it was the one thing my father and I could bond over, and I have very fond memories of being with him at the range.
Today is August 28th, 2010 and the 47th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's iconic "I Have a Dream" speech; quite possibly one of the most moving and poignant speeches in modern history.
It also happens to be the day that Fox News golden boy and Tea Party favorite, Glenn Beck, chose to "restore the honor" of our Republic and in a disgusting, shameless, and overtly offensive display of self aggrandizement, to "take back the civil rights movement."
As a resident of DC, I owed it to you, my fellow Kossacks, to witness the lunacy and to bring you these images.
As Glenn would say, "Follow me America!"
They are taking over our society! Soon it will be illegal to go to church or kill things with my shotgun! Soon all of us will have to stand in line for HOURS for a single loaf of stale bread! That TGIFridays you love so much will soon be replaced by a Government Soup Kitchen where weak thin gruel is doled out to the masses on an every-other-day schedule! If we are to save our Christian(TM) Republic, we must root out and extinguish all signs of Marxist cancer spreading throughout our country! Follow me across the Iron Curtain for more...
Recommended by Apost8
- Republicans are getting all flummoxed over Obama's executive order. I wonder how this group of Republicans would have reacted to THIS executive order?!???!!!!?? Just look what all it did!!! http://5 comments 4 Recs
- To make a long story short, the company I used to work for suddenly closed its doors about a year ago. After much wailing, worrying, and gnashing of teeth, I was fortunate enough to land a job with ...30 comments 10 Recs
- Look, I get that a lot of us are extremely upset by what happened during last night's election and we are all thinking about the reasons about what went wrong. If we want to look at who actually ...13 comments 5 Recs
- We have had our third in-school accidental discharge by an armed teacher during the still-very young 2014-...196 comments 409 Recs
- The author (left), and his son (right). My son is 14 years, 9 months old. Our country has been at war for all but 18 months of his life. We, as a nation, have been at war for pretty much my son's ...274 comments 154 Recs
- Following a long, rambling, condescending speech by an older white gentleman who pretty much explained that "After 16 years as a committee man, I supported African-American candidates ..." [You ...125 comments 427 Recs
- This week's source material: What ended up being funny was watching Michelle Obama eat a carrot. She couldn’t find her mouth. Apparently, this is what ...203 comments 76 Recs
- One always should be loathe to generalize, right? I'm mean - it's completely unfair to paste an entire political party with a label. After all, Republicans have won all sorts of elections that way -38 comments 91 Recs
- Thom Tillis may well be the most condescending and arrogant creature in North Carolina politics, but this latest bit of news is simply beyond the pale. Not that he was going to get any votes from ...6 comments 15 Recs
- Back in May of this year the US Supreme Court ruled on a gnarly little problem that causes no end of mischief in America: the separation of church and state. This was not the first time SCOTUS ...51 comments 89 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.