So, the GOP and it bobble heads wants to tout Sarah Palin's exectuive experience. They want to talk up her experience not only as Governor of the 47th largest state (by population anyways...they're quick to point out it's the largets...by land mass), but as the Mayor of a small town of less than 10,000 people. As an aside...have you noticed how everytime Wasilla's population keeps getting brought up, it grows by a thousand or so. Next thing you know they'll be calling it the New York of the Arctic.
It's gotta be Christmas...I swear.
That bastion of mavericky politics, that brave soul who dared take on Alaska's political establishment and vanquished the graft and corruption that was a hallmark of the Alaskan government, that daring young woman who dare to tell Uncle Ted...thanks but no thanks to the bridge to nowhere, is really giving doing the best she can to hand the capmpaign to Obama/Biden. It turns out,according to the Washington Post, she was a director of Ted Steven's 527 group.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin began building clout in her state's political circles in part by serving as a director of an independent political group organized by the now embattled Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens.
How's that vetting going so far?
Hat tip to TPM.
Update 1: I want to thank everybody for the suggestions. I just thought of something though, and it's kind of ironic really. But isn't funny that for somebody with such a short resume and really no experience in public office, that in the last 72 hours all this muck on Palin is coming to the surface like a bubbling caldera!?
This is the part that floored me:
This is my first diary, so you will pardon me if it's a bit disjointed and the like.
However, while in the midst of near apopleptic depression over the election, I became more convinced and enamored that it is time for a "New Federalism". Problem is, what issue to use to start the new Revolution. Massachusetts has blazed the trail on Homosexual Marriage, and some argument could be made that it may have caused a backlash (I'm not one of those). But there is an issue which could be used to jumpstart this movement...and believe it or not, we can thank none other than the Governator for blessing us with this....stem-cell research funding at the state level.
Here is my letter to my State Senator, Pam Resor, urging for Massachusetts to begin state funding for stem-cell research.
Recommended by BullittStang
- Cross-posted at Obama Strikeforce . I'll keep this as brief as possible, as we're still gathering information from our field reporters. We had a ...270 comments 871 Recs
- "There are big boxes of walk packets sitting in the floor of our office that are totally untouched because almost no one came through the office today...and things are not looking good for election ...233 comments 977 Recs
- Welcome one and all to another edition of Saturday Morning Maher. We made the rec list last week, and as a result, about 500 extra people got a chance to catch the episode. As always, this diary is ...281 comments 622 Recs
- It seems that Rep. Backmann now "regrets" her statements made on Hardball. She indicates that she "walked into a trap" and had never seen Hardball before. GIVE ME A BREAK!110 comments 50 Recs
- Welcome back to yet another edition of Saturday Morning Maher. I'm pleased to be able to do this for the six of you that catch it before the diary gets buried by Joe the Plumber diaries and the ...268 comments 690 Recs
- I don't want to hear any BS remarks telling me to 'quarantine myself' and HR's will go to anyone and everyone who uses the phrase 'concern troll.' Look at my UID before you start hatin'. Are ...455 comments 491 Recs
- This is a repost. Back due to popular demand. I've received many requests to repost this. ________________________ I've been one of those who made comments asking people to delete short ...307 comments 762 Recs
- In 20 years of politics I have never felt so angry over a convention speech in my entire life. It’s not about the attacks on Barack Obama. That’s politics. But in her voice, in her words,35 comments 28 Recs
- Absolutely disgusting. I don't know y'all. We've heard a lot of shocking stuff in the last few days and a lot of B.S, but for me this statement takes the prize on both accounts. This statement ...19 comments 16 Recs
- Campbell Brown Just gave McCain spokesman the smack down we can only hope to see from the media.472 comments 355 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.