Daily Kos memberGive a gift subscription to this user
The irony of today... Texas is preparing to protest their House of Representatives from voting 3 anti-choice bills into law (since lovely Rick Perry is quite eager to sign them). Meanwhile it's also the planned well in advance Expose CPCs day. In 2008, there were 67 abortion providers in Texas. Using TRAP laws the state legislature can close all but 5 clinics by requiring that abortions take place in surgical facilities with minimum requirements for hallway width; requiring that abortion providers have admitting privileges at a local hospital; as well as ending abortion at 20 weeks instead of 24 (which Roe v Wade made law). Apparently now we can speculate that fetuses feel pain at 20 weeks instead of 24, and some low-IQ politicians believe that male fetuses can feel pleasure and masturbate in-utero meaning that the week limit should be brought down to 16 or less.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Recommended by CrankyFatFeminist
- This is unbelievably creepy : An Oregon judge has ruled that a 61-year-old man did nothing illegal when he crouched in the aisle of a Target store and snapped photos up a 13-year-old's skirt. ...296 comments 63 Recs
- Many people want to make donations to causes the make a difference, but for some of us, funds are tight. One free and easy thing to do is avoid buying from companies that support hate speech, more ...150 comments 224 Recs
- The House Republicans have been having an exciting week. On Wednesday, they voted to roll back Dod-Frank . Yesterday, they voted to weaken the Affordable Care Act . And today, they voted to ...110 comments 109 Recs
- 116 comments 305 Recs
- The South is America's poverty belt, and Republicans want to make all of America more like the SouthThe South has never been America's bright spot when it comes to things like poverty and health outcomes, but recent years show that there's ...108 comments 217 Recs
- 2014 (10722)
- Abortion (12462)
- Affordable Care Act (16662)
- Education (29974)
- Energy (19506)
- Environment (46485)
- Garden Blogging (910)
- Global Warming (15523)
- Health Care (38462)
- International (15217)
- Jobs (12500)
- North Carolina (7116)
- ObamaCare (3609)
- PATRIOT Act (1746)
- Pregnancy (569)
- War on Women (5544)
- Women's Rights (4018)
- No current results.