I was honestly surprised to see that no one else had written about this, as 10,000 people on the capitol lawn in downtown Lansing qualifies as the biggest group of people ever to assemble outside the capitol (according to rally officials) in Michigan history.
Daily Kos memberGive a gift subscription to this user
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Recommended by GypsyT
- This is my first diary. I decided to create this profile because the diaries of Puck Goodfellow inspire me and I can no longer continue to be this angry and stay silent. To my friends that will ...291 comments 518 Recs
- Democrats are becoming more liberal, and it isn't hurting them ...128 comments 286 Recs
- The Wall Street Journal has inexcusably published a letter, written by a wealthy venture capitalist, which argues that progressive targeting of the super-rich parallels fascist Nazi Germany's ...246 comments 250 Recs
- The above image was part of a full-page ad produced by the Employment Policies Institute (EPI) that appeared in the New York Times last Tuesday. In ...172 comments 106 Recs
- About time Al Gore has been everywhere ...229 comments 206 Recs
- I went down to the demonstration to get my fair share of abuse. I wore my hard hat and safety glasses in case someone thought I needed a bigger portion. Poor Governor Snyder had sucked so much ...58 comments 109 Recs
- Beautiful building, but recently the site of several injuries to democracy. In November, Michigan voters repealed Public Act 4, the state's notoriously antidemocratic emergency manager law. On ...78 comments 52 Recs
- Just when you thought it was safe to take your eyes off the Michigan Legislature for an hour... They do it again : The state House has passed what the Snyder administration says is a new and ...191 comments 241 Recs
- Overheard on the way to soccer practice. “Are you a Democrat or a Republican?” one boy asked over the chatter of Minecraft and Percy Jackson. In the driver’s seat I cringed a little. It’s ...74 comments 355 Recs
- I’m out of charity and out of patience with you and your husband, Mrs. Romney. I’m especially fed up with your attempts to prove you have a grasp on real life as lived by most Americans. You ...115 comments 460 Recs
- No current results.