I haven't posted anything in a while, so if I break some long standing no-no rule you have my apologies in advance. But I just read an article at Mother Jones that was so disturbing I felt the need to inform the KOS community about it.
I haven't posted anything for a while on KOS so forgive me if this has already been blogged.
I just read a news item that indicated that Admiral Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was “fired” from his command of one of the three carrier battle groups [and recalled] back to Bremerton, Washington to face an investigation."
I had to read this twice to believe it. But the first paragraph of the article says it all.
"Over 140 U.S. lenders folded in 2009 alone. To remedy the financial void left in their wake, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation wants public pension funds, which safeguard the retirement funds of millions, to buy in part or in whole the banks that couldn't manage to keep their depositors' funds."
If this has been blogged it needs to be blogged again. According to scientists at the World Health Oganization, the current strain of Swine Flu is "relatively mild".
If we didn't see this coming perhaps we should have, and now it's official. The US Army is training the 1st Brigade Combat team for domestic operations in the United States.
Someone has already reported this but I'm going to do it again in the hope that it gets some serious attention. Apparently the Ramsey County Police in Minnesota with the assistance of the FBI, conducted "preemptive raids" on the homes of left wing dissidents and protestors for the sake of intimidation.
If this has already been blogged I apologize. I just read today that the Bush/Cheney are trying to force the Iraqi government to sign a security arrangement that allows the United States to maintain possession of 50 permanent bases in Iraq. Another part of the deal grants immunity to US forces and contractors from prosecution. According to the British Independent:
Folks, I'm goint to keep this short and sweet. I just read an article that stated that some "low yeild nukes" were discovered headed for a staging area in the Middle East.
"A retired lieutenant commander in the Navy Reserve who served with the Navy's Supervisor of Salvage questioned in a little-noticed editorial Sunday why six active nuclear armed cruise missiles were being transferred to an active bomber base that "just happens to be the staging area for Middle Eastern operations."
I just picked this link up off another web site. I can't attest for its accuracy but but I'm placing it here for confirmation or denial.
Apparently the democratic "leadership" headed by Charles Rangel (D-NY) is trying to ram secret Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Columbia, Panama, South Korea and Peru, through congress. Some of the trade agreements are apparently benign (then whey are they secret?) but the one with Panama caught someones attention.
Economist and investment/globalization specialist Peter Riggs of the Tax Justice Network, which describes itself as an outfit devoted to "combating tax evasion by corporations and the rich", took a good long look at the Panama trade deal. After noting that the Panama and Peru deals have been considered "relatively non-controversial and will probably pass", he explains that the deal with Panama has nothing to do with trade
For some reason, I can't post a comment under the thread that discusses we are about to hit Iran, so I'm doing this diary to examine some of the possible "fallout" (and I hope I'm speaking figuratively here) of the psycho twins bombing Iran.
I just found this article on a Market Watch. It's author,Mr. Paul Farrell, who works at Goldman Sachs discusses an often assumed though infrequently mentioned fact that the United States national security is very dependent on sound fiscal policy. The link to the story is below
I’m not a rocket scientist but two things recently came to my attention that when taken together, appear to paint an ominous picture of what we can expect in the next 18 months of Bush’s Imperial Presidency.
Recommended by Mark701
- The first girl I dated died earlier this week. A Face Book friend sent me a message late the other night, right before I was going to shut down the computer and go to bed. Xxxx was diagnosed with ...59 comments 104 Recs
- Dear Mr. King, when ...90 comments 51 Recs
- 19 comments 14 Recs
- There have been several reports today that Iranian boats supposedly harrassed US warships in the Straits of Hormuz. "WASHINGTON (AP) - In what U.S. officials called a serious ...55 comments 17 Recs
- What costs more: Global Natural Disasters or America's War on Drugs? Well...go on... take a guess. You know the answer but it seems so absurd. It's hard to say it. That's because it is a study in ...29 comments 31 Recs
- Juan Cole, in his 27 December 2007 column, noted that the banner under all CNN stories on Iraq from the previous day in the US was "Progress in Iraq 2008," with the 'reduction in violence' the ...208 comments 286 Recs
- The winner of the George Orwell Award for revisionist history goes to Karl Rove after his ridiculous piece in Newsweek asserting that the Democrats rushed the Republicans and President Bush ...5 comments 1 Recs
- [Cross-posted at The Left Coaster. ] An unfortunate burden of being part of the reality-based community is never denying, as members of the netroots and ...23 comments 29 Recs
- This is my first diary and I am sure it will show but here goes. Many in our community, Charleston, SC, oppose a planned expansion of the Kinder Morgan Bulk Terminal and have made our voices heard ...346 comments 776 Recs
- [Originally posted at Corrente .] Just asking.... Since I won’t be in ...22 comments 20 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.