Ever heard of Bill Gross?
In 2004, 63% of staph infections in the United States were caused by Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, infamous for its mutation into a very drug resistant, and often deadly form. 19,000 die here every year due to MRSA, a number greater than those that die from complications due to AIDS.
In Norway, less than 1% of staph infections are MRSA after sweeping reforms were put in place nationwide aimed at stemmed the spread and deadliness of MRSA.
And, who would have guessed, it saves them money at the same time, which is probably the reason it'll take a ton of progressive effort to get such a system implemented here.
During our post-Christmasd-inner dinner, a sad yet interesting conversation popped up at the table:
Isn't racial profiling necessary in airports to prevent Muslim terrorism?
The long-dormant construction of nuclear power plants in the United States is about to be reawakened:
In the next few days, the Energy Department plans to announce the first of $18.5 billion in loan guarantees for building new reactors.
First a little background. I'm sure most of you know about this "controversy" as I have seen a few diaries about it on DailyKos, but for those you haven't, here's the gist of it:
North Carolina's constitution is clear: politicians who deny the existence of God are barred from holding office.
Opponents of Cecil Bothwell are seizing on that law to argue he should not be seated as a City Council member today, even though federal courts have ruled religious tests for public office are unlawful under the U.S. Constitution.
It has come out that five Americans from Northern Virginia were arrested in Pakistan under suspicion of journeying there to join with Al-Qaeda and become jihadists.
Police in Pakistan say five American nationals they arrested this week in an eastern town have told interrogators they arrived in the country to join "jihad" or a holy war.
U.S and Pakistani officials are interrogating the detainees who are said to be in their 20s and come from northern Virginia. Local police say they the men were arrested at a house in the city of Sargodah and that all of them have admitted they had come to Pakistan for "jihad" or holy war.
Recommended by MarkShablamy
- TPM Reporting AP Bulletin : " Accused Holocaust museum shooter James Von Brunn has died in a prison hospital." Too ...90 comments 47 Recs
- 154 comments 47 Recs
- See update Barack Obama is incredibly popular with Democrats. He has a +84% net favorability. Compare that to a year ago, when he had a +82% favorability. Hmmm...he's really losing ...888 comments 426 Recs
- The RedStaters are full of glee and hopefullness as we head into 2010. They are predicting disaster on the Democrats and great things for Republicans and Conservatives...so are you for RedState or ...594 comments 193 Recs
- President Obama appointed a transgender woman, Amanda Simpson, to a role in the Commerce Department.75 comments 83 Recs
- From KITV.com HONOLULU -- Conservative radio talk host Rush Limbaugh was rushed to a Honolulu hospital on Wednesday ...1732 comments 295 Recs
- Here on Hardball you have Ron Christie beating the Republican Drum that the problem with Obama is that he's trying to Use the Constitution to fight Terrorism?32 comments 19 Recs
- Cairo - Twelve hours before this writing, it appeared that 50,000 Palestinians in Gaza planning to march to the Erez border crossing with Israel on Thursday in protest of the continuing blockade on ...137 comments 42 Recs
- What follow is the e-mail sent from Cairo by Minnesotan and Kossack Dave Tilsen: All we wanted to do was speak to a representative at the consulate in Cairo to ask for assistance in ...16 comments 24 Recs
- This is a breaking news report sent to me by Cindy Sheehan, who is following the Gaza Freedom March, 1400 marchers from across the globe who are joining Gazans in solidarity to help expose ...173 comments 37 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.