Last week, after more than 8 years of discerning, I signed up for the Selective Service.
As a bike commuter in DC for almost two years, I love the act of biking, but it is an often dangerous activity.
Right now, the regional Transportation Planning Board is considering adding bike lanes to Pennsylvania Ave and other streets in Downtown DC. AAA is opposing these changes.
Today is the 148th anniversary of President Lincoln signing the Compensated Emancipation Act, For the release of certain persons held to service or labor in the District of Columbia, making DC residents the "First Freed" by the federal government.
Today is known as DC Emancipation Day here in Washington DC and it is the only official local holiday.
If you are in the Washington DC area today, consider going down to the Capitol to show support for health care reform. Yesterday, the Tea Party came into town.
On January 29, Steve Walsh, a reporter with Missourinet, tweeted "Osama Bin Laden formally joins the American Left ... buying into global warming and blaming the U.S." Shortly thereafter, Fired Up Missouri ran a blog post about this tweet and then this post was picked up by Media Matters.
Last night, people started counting homeless people on DC streets as President Obama spoke.
Recommended by MidwesterninDC
- Let's have some fun today. (202) 225 - 5311 That's the office number for Rep. Andy Harris from the Maryland's own First District. Today he is eligible for government-subsidized healthcare. Boy,122 comments 171 Recs
- [cross-posted at DLCC.org ] You might remember Republican State Sen. Dennis Nolan of Nevada from last week, when he was caught on tape allegedly offering ...187 comments 469 Recs
- I always knew Chuck Grassley was going to be vulnerable, and that the way we’d beat him is to help our fellow Iowans see that he’s not working for them -- but for his Washington lobbyist ...34 comments 55 Recs
- THE WEEK IN EDITORIAL CARTOONS This [weekly diary http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/5/4/862017/-Final-Update:-The-Week-in-Editorial-CartoonsA-Cry-for-Help] takes a ...103 comments 220 Recs
- well, not quite, but May 4th is getting very close. May 4th changed my life in every conceivable way, and I can still smell the lilacs that lined the walkways at Kent State University.363 comments 413 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.