Ignorance Begets Hate
Never in the History of this country has there been so many attacks against The Unification, The Constitution, and the Principals to which this country was founded on, since the election of Barack Obama. This Country and President have been under constant attack from the extreme, closed minded, ignorant right wing since early 2008. Why? Sadly, one word... Racism.
Not only do they hate the fact that a black man is in "their" precious White House, but they hate the fact The Party of White, Evangelical, God Fearing Americans are turning into the "Minority." Hmmm... Last time I checked, WE are ALL of one Race, simply titled "Human." But, then again, based on their actions and behavior, it could be said that the Religious Right Wing isn't "Human;" so I guess we can understand why they are Racists in the first place.
Secession - Stupidity in the Purest Form
When you enter the two keywords of "Obama Secession" together in a Google search you get close to 6 million hits, and I've not even posted this one yet. Just from that fact alone, it appears that there is no shortage of opinions for this topic. What it does prove is what I said at the beginning of this article.
Here is the response from the White House over the petition for these various states. Of course I loved the counter petition that someone started that stated: "Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America."
Of course that would solve many problems for certain.
White House Response to Secession
Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States "in order to form a more perfect union" through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it. As President Abraham Lincoln explained in his first inaugural address in 1861, "in contemplation of universal law and of the Constitution the Union of these States is perpetual." In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States. And shortly after the Civil War ended, the Supreme Court confirmed that "[t]he Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States."
The Stark Reality of Secession
Clearly when you see these knee jerk reactions of these people on the right who feel that "their" country has been taken from them, they have not taken a step back to fully evaluate the gravity of the situation, if in fact they were granted the right to secede from the United States.
For demonstration purposes let us use Texas as our model and since "Everything is bigger in Texas," it would be safe to say that they are in fact the biggest crybabies on this issue.
- First and foremost would be the need to create a currency for the "Country of Texas" as the US Dollar can no longer be used. Of course this means Texas would need buy in by the international monetary system to recognize the Texas Currency outside of the Country of Texas. So Texas will need to create a Mint and Bureau of Engraving and Imprinting so that they all have the means to create a currency. Of course since they are a New, Unproven Country and a credit risk, the new Texas Currency would have virtually little to no value and will suck... Well, they could strike a deal with Mexico to use the Peso since they are next door neighbors.
- Next, that border fence on the southern border of Texas will now be on the Northern border of the Country of Texas, as we here in the United States don't want Texas illegals in our country, well at least the RWNJ's don't.
- Next, Texas will need to create all those agencies that currently the Federal Government provides, you know like their own Coast Guard, Military, FAA, FCC, FDA, FBI, CIA, Postal Services, etc.
- Next All Senators and Congressmen will be required to leave Washington DC Immediately and they will need to hand over their US Passport. Speaking of Passports the Country of Texas will need to create their own Passports in order for their citizens to travel into the US or any other country. Additionally they will need to start a foreign services bureau and set up an embassy in all the foreign countries that their citizens will want to travel.
- Next, Any US Government Agency or Entity that currently has a presence in the Country of Texas will be withdrawn and all employees will need to fired and they will not have access to USA Unemployment Benefits. Houston, we have a problem!
- Finally we come to the real interesting part. American Airlines will need to be renamed Texas Airlines, The Dallas Cowboys will no longer be "America's Team" and all the money that was given to the Cowboy organization to build that new stadium will need to be paid back to the NFL. Of course all Texas Superbowls will be easy to predict the participants as it will always be between the Houston Texans and the Dallas Cowboys. Same story with professional basketball. More than likely most US Corporations like Dell Computers will re-locate to keep their status as an American Company, although I'm sure Texas Instruments will stick around. With all these companies and people leaving the Country of Texas, where will your Government income come from to pay for all these new things listed above? No worry I suppose as Everything is Bigger in Texas including Mistakes and Egos.
One begs to wonder if all these infantile secessionist stopped to take any of the above into consideration before filing their secession petitions with the Federal Government. Of course I'm sure they'll brag that they did not have to implement that Liberal, Socialist "Obamacare" and they can keep all their military weapons. But, given that, they will all just shoot each other and will not have access to medical attention and the Country of Texas will be nothing but an empty wasteland, which then will become prime real estate for nuclear waste from the United States.