I attended the Tom Perriello rally in Charlottesville, Virginia last night. I'd never seen a President in person, so it was an exciting and emotional experience for me. People from all over the 5th district travelled to Charlottesville to see Tom and the President. Officials were expecting 4,000 or so. The local NBC station estimated that 8,000 showed up. Not everyone could get into the Pavillion to see, so they stood on the downtown mall and listened. I hope the message stays with them.
This has nothing to do with politics...more to do with life. I live in California but was born and raised in Virginia. My whole family lives in Virginia. I never realized how difficult it would be to live without the love and support, the drama and conflict, the closeness of those you've known and loved...and those who have loved you...all your life. But now, it's especially hard.
Today, "America's Finest Blog" was full of shit. That's the only way to explain it.
Chris Reed is the blogger and he totally blew it, as far as I'm concerned, but if his goal was to frighten those who are close to retirement, he probably hit his mark.
I was inspired to write this diary by Noweasels, who wrote about all the people she is working for in this election. Noweasels is an awesome asset to the Democratic candidates this year and we all owe her a tremendous debt of gratitude. Noweasels makes her living and gives her spare time in service to the Democratic Party. She and my Dad are a big inspiration to me.
This is the story of my Dad, my inspriration, and why I know he would've voted for Barack Obama.
I posted a diary on September 27th about the trend toward Obama that I was seeing in Virginia....just from the people I know about. There's a trend I'm seeing...as I'm sure other states are seeing...toward a new direction for our country. Here's what I said:
I was born in the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia and have lived there for most of my life. Now that I live in California, I miss my family and friends, and I miss being in Virginia at election time.
Living in California, I feel that my vote doesn't matter nearly as much as it would in Virginia, but I try to do what I can to talk about Barack Obama with friends and family who still live there.
Forgive me as I post stories that I posted in that first diary. Why did I feel the need to re-post? I have more good news.
The list of Sarah Palin's lies just got a little longer. Andrew Sullivan has been documenting all of them. Here's a sampling of his list.
Today, I found another lie to add to the list.
I was born in the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia and have lived there for most of my life. Now that I live in California, I miss my family and friends, and I miss being in Virginia at election time. My family lives in the Charlottesville, VA area, in South Central, VA, and in North Carolina. We have a few Democrats in the family...my daughters, of course, and my sister. My brother claims to be an Independent, who leans to the conservative side. The rest of the family is staunchly conservative, because they are either church-goers, have been in the military or fancy themselves to be wealthy.
I don't really talk to any of the conservative side of the family about politics because they stubbornly repeat the "talking points" ad nauseum and there's no convincing them of anything else. It usually ends up in a big THING and I don't get to see them that often, so I try to play nice.
So what a surprise when.....
It pisses me off to no end that every freaking political "talk" show shows a Republican talking head laughing their ass off everytime their Democratic counter-part speaks!
Just wondering if anyone else has wasted time posting a comment on CNN's Cafferty Files? I sent a comment to the question: What does it mean when Congress refuses to even consider 35 articles of impeachment against President Bush? And it was one of the ones read on air, but my entire comment was not read. And my comment, in it's entirety, has been deleted from the list of all comments.
Here's the entire blog:
I've been away for awhile. Though I've been keeping up with politics, other things in life have needed more attention. Now, it's different.
I received an e-mail today from my aunt in Virginia. It was a forward...which I hate!...but it was a political nature, so I was curious. You may have seen it before. It's called "Who is Barack Obama?" As soon as I read it, my head exploded.
I have researched a bit concerning the hogwash contained in this e-mail but could use your help in preparing a response. I have the e-mail addresses of everyone on the forward list and I am determined to politely, but firmly let them know that they are spreading lies. I'll post the e-mail I am preparing. The italic type is the original message. The smaller bold type is my response.
Please help me out with info and fact checking. It would be very much appreciated, but remember, these are religious people and would be offended (and would, therefore, delete without reading) by any obsenity.
I've been thinking that I'd be sooooo glad when January 2009 comes around and W makes his way home to Crawford. Wouldn't it be cool to greet him with a "Finally...you're out of Fucking Office" Parade and carnival?
So why not start planning now?
I know I've seen this question before, but after today's article about the international global warming conference herehttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/..., I wanted to remind everyone that we don't have to wait for our LAME government to make changes that will make a difference.
Recommended by VA2CA
- How like a winter hath my absence been From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year! What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen! What old December's bareness everywhere!190 comments 170 Recs
- a tpm reader gives us a glimpse of what will happen tomorrow:160 comments 24 Recs
- These pooties and woozles and birdies are joining us this evening to help lift everyone's spirits. In keeping with that idea, please follow a few simple rules: 1. Do not discuss ...275 comments 112 Recs
- In his wildest dreams, Lewis Carroll could not have invented this. All confusion worse confounded: The Bush administration put relentless pressure on interrogators to use harsh ...410 comments 708 Recs
- This is my first diary, but I've been lurking here for a while. I finally caved and signed up for an account about a week ago, which is about the same time I found out that a couple of co-workers ...13 comments 19 Recs
- I feel that this blog posting might be similar to the experiences that others have had; however, this experience is mine, and so I'm going to share it. Being a student for most of my 23 years, I am ...17 comments 15 Recs
- You've probably heard by now about the "low turnout" for early voting in Virginia due to the fact that Virginia's "absentee in-person" voting requires an excuse. I had originally planned to vote on ...32 comments 24 Recs
- It’s been a terrifying 7½ years. For me it’s hard to believe today is Halloween, because... the past 7+ years have been one LONG nightmare. It’s time for the candied apples,9 comments 1 Recs
- It's been a while since I diaried here, but I felt compelled to offer the following after watching "the ad" from a Philly bar/restaurant. Now, this wasn't a "shot and a beer" Philly bar; this was a ...547 comments 1311 Recs
- I admit that I was a little skeptical about a 30-minute infomercial starring a presidential candidate--even if it was MY presidential candidate. I worried at how some were starting to depict it, as ...91 comments 47 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.