November 4, 2008 was my only second time to work at the polls. The first experience, at the local primaries, was fairly boring, but not this one! Nov.4th was a very good experience.
Just one week ago I wrote: "I think McCain will win Arizona, no matter what we do at this time. This conclusion is based on what I see here, and yet we are working hard to get more votes for Barack." We did just that, and now we are seeing Arizona as a swing state, with McCain's lead less than 6 points on the electoral maps, and even less elsewhere.
With the near double digit lead in the polls, small leads in some of the traditionally red states, are the Obama voters getting a little comfortable? If that is the case, we are in trouble. The most important days of the election are ahead of us.
After reading what John McCain said about Lewis's comments that were meant to warn against potential violence (McCain finds them "Outrageous") I feel that McCain has crossed the limits of decency.
Recommended by Vash01
- While Americans are trampling each other in stores across the country thanks to the greed permeating our society, some noble college kids have forgone Thanksgiving with their families and forgone ...13 comments 30 Recs
- The New York Times has a great look this morning at how some of politicians who took the most outlandish shots at Obama during the campaign - questioning his patriotism and accusing him of anti-...485 comments 460 Recs
- Rational people, or those with intelligence levels exceeding that of the average first grader, can not envision a scenario where Sarah Palin would be the GOP's nominee in 2012. Stick a fork in her, ...141 comments 7 Recs
- Despite the Veterans Administration to paint this episode as a few "bad apples" destroying claims paperwork and evidence that is needed for veterans or their surviving spouses to obtain earned ...171 comments 728 Recs
- According to the Daily ...955 comments 1076 Recs
- I just watched a hit job on Barack Obama on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. In their "Keeping Them Honest" segment Tom Foreman ...662 comments 772 Recs
- Most of the time, I enjoy The Rachel Maddow Show. I've been watching since Day One and then listen to her show again the next day on Air America. But her assertion that waiting in line to vote is ...231 comments 24 Recs
- There is a legend in sports that the result of the Washington Redskins game preceding an election matches the result of the election. Since 1936, if the Redskins win, the incumbent party hold ...16 comments 3 Recs
- I'm into Day 3 of this list. The largest addition is this link to a national list of Drinking Liberally parties and some great sounding ...20 comments 13 Recs
- I predict every result in the upcoming Presidential election and senate elections, including the electoral college, based on Gallup polling, voter registration statistics and past election results. ...18 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.