In this morning's NYT comes a tiny article near the back of the page...
Saw this on the CNN ticker, and there's nothing like a nice veto threat to make a busy Tuesday even busier.
Across the ticker from CNN...
Democratic presidential frontrunner Sen. Hillary Clinton is reportedly receiving advice on Iraq from an unlikely source: President Bush.
White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten tells The Examiner's Bill Sammon that the president has been urging the New York senator and some of the other candidates not to "get yourself too locked in where you stand right now. If you end up sitting where I sit, things could change dramatically."
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales approved plans to fire several U.S. attorneys in a November meeting, according to documents released Friday that contradict earlier claims that he was not closely involved in the dismissals. The Nov. 27 meeting, in which the attorney general and at least five top Justice Department officials participated, focused on a five-step plan for carrying out the firings of the prosecutors, Justice Department officials said late Friday.
On March 13, in explaining the firings, Gonzales told reporters he was aware that some of the dismissals were being discussed but was not involved in them.http://abcnews.go.com/... More soon.
Precincts Reporting: 2458 of 2599 (94.57%)
Something's up. How can the number of reporting precincts go down while the vote totals apparently stay the same?
DETROIT - A federal judge ruled Thursday that the government's warrantless wiretapping program is unconstitutional and ordered an immediate halt to it.
It's started. The Supreme Court just ruled, 5-4, that police do not have to knock before barging into someone's home. Guess who voted for the government- Scalia and Roberts.
This appears to be over the Jefferson congress search scandal. Rumors yesterday said that Gonzales was considering resigning if Bush forced them to return the documents, but the 45-day seal was expected to placate them. Apparently not!
So we have this illegal spying by the NSA- again. Time to do something about it!
Story background- http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/5/11/9348/10713
Support Qwest- http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/5/11/05415/7496
It's been reported that Bush will talk about the Patriot Act in the SOTU speech tonight.
Lincoln Chafee (R-RI). 202-224-2921, press 2 at the prompt and hold through the message.
Recommended by amejr999
- Earlier this week, I wrote a Diary about the recent rollout by the ...679 comments 495 Recs
- By now almost everyone has heard of the new, extremely invasive “pat down” searches offered to the American flying public if they choose to opt out of passing through the scanner. The ...96 comments 39 Recs
- I am extremely embarrassed by the actions of many of my fellow Americans right now. I honestly believe that what we have here is a nation guided by the most incredible document ever created, ...111 comments 66 Recs
- I'm-- I'm so sorry if this is disjointed (WHOOOSH) or confusing (WHOOSH), but-- I find myself the middle of a disaster of unprecedented proportions (WHOOOSH) and -- oh the humanity -- I'm having a ...319 comments 655 Recs
- In a response to a comment I made in another diary discussing the Federal Reserve, the diarist responded with a video of Representative Grayson (D-FL) question Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Barnanke ...137 comments 18 Recs
- In a breaking story still emerging, President Barack Obama has announced the nomination of Jesus Christ of Nazareth to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court to replace the retiring justice David ...486 comments 540 Recs
- Link for results... http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2009/by_county/NY_US_House_0331.html?SITE=NYSAR&SECTION=POLITICS or http://thealbanyproject.com/diary/6171/official-ny20-...506 comments 72 Recs
- In December of 1965 three students in Des Moines decided to wear black armbands to protest the deaths in Vietnam. School officials had heard of their intent, which was in response to a call by ...33 comments 40 Recs
- Officials ordered nine Muslim passengers off an AirTran flight headed to ...254 comments 242 Recs
- I stay out of Israel/Palestinian arguments. I don't have a dog in the race ethnically, spiritually or politically. But as Kurt Vonnegut wrote, "I still believe that peace and plenty and happiness ...487 comments 596 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.