Seriously, of all the possible reasons to oppose Hagel's nomination, the issue that he MAY be a republican may be the most asinine. But even that is suspect as this interview from this past March showed.
I thought I would do just a random opinion poll here on Dailykos. Everyone knows the Supreme Court is likely to rule on the ACA next week (either on Monday or as late as Thursday).
The question becomes as to how the court will rule and what standard that sets going forward. So here's my question: How do you think the court will rule on the ACA and why? Please also show how you'd think each justice would vote and what the political fallout would be.
We're in what, April? With 7 months until the election, Romney is ALREADY selling access to lobbyists for his presumed inauguration in January.
Per Ed Kilgore, it appears that the Catholic Bishops will be calling for "disobedience" and outright partisan war during the summer over the birth control mandate. This story ain't going anywhere any time soon.
Big Problem, coming up, as I noted above, Liberals are really going to need to kick things into gear. Karl Rove and the Koch brothers are teaming up against the President.
As the title suggested, beginning next week, Karl Rove is starting up his planned 200 Million dollar attack ad onslaught against President Obama. We're going to need to be ready to counter it and need to help the Obama campaign counter it.
As the title indicates, Fmr. Rep Alan Grayson, while driving his mercedes ran a red light and crashed into a Bus, and injured some folks on it.
Yep. It's safe to say that Romney's Swiss Bank Account issue is going to get FAR FAR Worse, thanks to an interview by the Boston Globe with Romney's Investment Advisor.
As noted above, the WH feels it has the power to confirm Richard Cordray to the CFPB and thus overcome partisan objections. This is going to turn into a big fight because the precedent will be set.
The announcement for Cordray to the CFPB will be coming on Wednesday in Ohio (Cordray's Hometown)
David Weprin, a mostly progressive democrat running for Anthony Weiner's seat in NY might go down in defeat unless Progressives start ramping up their efforts to get him elected.
He's losing because he's in an orthodox Jewish Community and Ed Koch (who's still highly popular in that district) has been running a campaign against Obama due to his middle east policy, in which he thinks he's been too tough on Israel.
Goodwin Liu, the 39 year old wunderkind who's got brilliant written all over him looks like heading toward defeat tomorrow according to the AP.
According to Ben Smith at Politico, the IRS is about to do something HUGE with regards to anonymous funding. This may end up killing (or at least drying up a good chunk of their funding) before they get off the ground in 2012.
Recommended by calchala
- I initially posted this diary as a comment in [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/10/24/913021/-DADT:-Five-Durable-Myths FogCityJohn's valuable diary] on many of the legal issues arising with ...395 comments 91 Recs
- Ryan Lizza, writing in the New Yorker , has published a devastating behind-the-scenes story of how the ...62 comments 40 Recs
- Today was the vote to bring the 2010 Defense Appropriations Act which included DADT appeal and an amendment to the DREAM Act. Shortly before the vote, the Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch ...257 comments 297 Recs
- You read that title correctly. While many on the left would like to stoke the flames of a potential Warren/Geithner feud, the fantasies simply don't match the reality, no matter how many "sources ...574 comments 262 Recs
- Hello Friends. President Obama has betrayed us all. The world is coming to an end. Also, we should all vote Republican or for Ralph Nader. because that will do a lot of good. And attacking ...1186 comments 454 Recs
- The big news out of Washington on matters environmental has been a unanimous decision by Senate Democrats to craft ...173 comments 394 Recs
- Welcome to the eKos Earthship , your one-...42 comments 63 Recs
- First, 57 Democratic Senators walked out of a caucus meeting today sounding like they'd been to a summer blockbuster movie instead. The meeting ...292 comments 543 Recs
- I know I had promised yesterday to do a diary about the new high-risk pools under health reform, complete with contact information, but this story, I think, needed a factual response. I will do the ...28 comments 38 Recs
- I can't believe I'm wading into the morass of an I/P diary, but I haven't seen this news item posted yet, so here we go. It won't be a Bud Light party. Apparently, the Israeli government is going ...368 comments 48 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.