I was going to write about the misogyny behind the murders in Santa Barbara, the literal war on women. Then I saw someone did it better.
Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh mentioned how horrible conditions were for Mandela under apartheid. Oh how things have changed in 20 years...
This won't be long. But it might be the most important reason that this is the worst idea ever. And I am fucking pissed.
Welcome to the last edition of Quote the Ravin'. After a full year of quote compiling I'm calling it quits and moving on to another project. It's bittersweet: although it was a lot of work with not much feedback, I appreciated the few who followed me and I especially liked writing the satirical intros, which I still contend were some of the best on DK.
I was afraid at first of consistency and losing interest in posting. Thankfully, that never happened. The formatting was a bear, but I got used to it. Obviously blogs like Think Progress, Talking Points Memo, Andrew Sullivan's Daily Dish and Dave Weigel were a goldmine of content.
To those few of you who came by every week, I thank you. I couldn't have done it without you. I will reach out to some of you and let you know when my project nears going live.
Thanks again. Let's start quotin'.
Just a note that next week will be the last Quote the Ravin'. I've done it diligently for a year, and I don't regret it. But it never seemed to catch on on DK. I got some nice comments from Meteor Blades and Bill in Portland Maine, and a few of you who come back every week. And I appreciate it.
It's a lot of work. I probably spend 6-10 hours a week compiling and formatting this thing. And maybe one person in ten or twenty bothers to even recommend it. I could repost a Jon Stewart clip, spend three minutes on it and it would generate hundreds of recs and comments.
So, I'm moving on to blogging somewhere else. I've overcome blogophobia, and I'm confident I won't lose interest in maintaining something that's my own. BUT, perhaps you'd like to take over this monster. If you'd like to inherit this quotes of the week blog, just shoot me a message. I'll give you some tips where to get some content, sign over the title, and you can drive it however you wish.
See ya next week.
No snark this week, kind of a slow news week except for NOTW. Quotes below the fold.
Hello everybody. Just wanted to say I am going to wrap QTR up in a few weeks and move on to other things. It takes a lot of time to compile all of this, I've done it for almost a year, but it's never really taken off. However, I do appreciate the kind things people have said about it over the past year. That said, here's the latest quotes of the week.
Esby here, and I'm holding a press conference to announce that the Well of Anthony Weiner has apparently run dry. That's right, media, those of you who are sucking on the teat of tabloidism, drunk off of the Drambuie of dirty politics, holding up the teacup of titillation, the oak bucket has dropped, and we are straining to hear it hit bottom. Will everyone who is not following important issues that face our country please leave the room.
Hey, where did everybody go?
Esby here, just back from the debates. For those of you who don't know, certain parts of the debate were not shown during commercials or internet black outs. I am providing a transcript from memory below.
King (CNN): Who among you is the craziest?
Paul: I'm crazy. Look at my fanclub out there.
King (CNN): True dat.
Cain: No, hear me out, I'm batshit crazy.
Romney: He's crazy. Me, not so much. Almost a hippie in comparison to that shit.
Gingrich: Hold on, hold on, you want to hear crazy? It's time to whip out the Nazi.
Bachmann: I've got 89 kids and live in a shoe! I am not looking at a sky camera, I am TALKING TO GOD RIGHT NOW!
Santorum: I have seen the various pictures of Anthony Weiner's penis, and the more and more I look at it, every time I see it, it's disgusting! It just froths me up into a lather.
Paul: Crazy? The Federal Reserve is crazy. That's why we need to back US currency with something American, like snuggies.
King (CNN): That's pretty crazy.
Gingrich: OBAMA IS A VAMPIRE THAT DRINKS THE BLOOD OF BABIES.
Romney: I have kissed a vampire squid on the, err, maw.
Santorum: Speaking of babies, that's all sperm is, little babies with tails.
Bachmann: I will make the White House an orphanage! And also, destroy the USDE.
Cain: In my administration, I will pick out Muslims like anchovies.
Pawlenty: Pizza? You want a pizza me, Romney?
Romney: Yeah, you gonna get balled up.
Pawlenty: I am standing in pee pee.
King (CNN): Can we get a mop over here?
Recommended by esby
- Today marks the second week my husband's been out of the hospital. Saturday was a really big day, because MiL played chauffeur (makes her happy; keeps her out of my hiar and things go more smoothly ...34 comments 115 Recs
- One of the things that bothers me most about the Washintgon Establishment is how clueless they are on what the American 'center' is. If you let any inside the beltway pundit tell it, centrism ...117 comments 179 Recs
- A Friday late afternoon, early August, 2005. The work week winding down. The bosses long gone for the weekend. I had work to do but I didn't feel like doing it and anyway I knew whatever it was ...17 comments 56 Recs
- Scott and Frank in Baton Rouge, 2008 Scott, I have not had to work very hard in the past decade to separate our differing views from our close friendship. Somehow, because of the nature of our bond,66 comments 240 Recs
- Over the weekend, Brian Nemoir, the political director of Wisconsin senatorial candidate Tommy Thompson, distributed a video of his Democratic rival Tammy Baldwin making an appearance at a Wisconsin ...30 comments 98 Recs
- At last month's Conservative Political Action Conference, Andrew Breitbart said that he had videos of President Obama in his college days at Harvard. The implication was that the content of the ...258 comments 323 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE The Roundtable Gathers… Host: Welcome back to our exclusive Super Tuesday coverage here on the Shiny Object Network. Chet, let's go to you first: what should ...151 comments 48 Recs
- This is my humble plea. While I agree that Obama would likely mop the floor with this bigoted asshole, it's just too dangerous. Not because he might win- I don't actually fear that- but because I don'340 comments 408 Recs
- Arora (right) with Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton ( Arora website ) Maryland state house Del. Sam Arora had all the promise of a rising star in Democratic politics. He attended Georgetown ...167 comments 128 Recs
- First - and quickly - the pissy rant part... From this morning's, front page, Operation Democratic Rush Limbaugh diary... Seriously, I want fighters, not pearl clutchers. This site is made up of ...438 comments 555 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.