McCain-Bailin' 08, it's the hip thing to do for Republicans everywhere!
Woops: The video's already front paged! No need to recc!
This is the kind of mental mixup that really makes you wonder what is truly going on inside of John McCain's mind. Here he is, campaigning in Pennsylvania, accidentally calling Americans "my fellow prisoners":
If Sarah Palin wasn't a secessionist, then why was she palling around with them?
A note before the video: After a brief detour into blogging at another site, I'm back at The Jed Report, and that means I can post diaries at Daily Kos again...so here I am, for better...or for worse.
When it came to fighting violence against abortion clinics, John McCain put his radical "pro-life" politics first -- putting women and their doctors at risk:
In 1994, John McCain voted against legislation -- pushed through Congress by Joe Biden -- that helped put an end to the practice of charging rape victims for sexual assault exams.
Twisted as it may sound, charging victims for a forensic exam was a real problem. For example, as AMERICAblog has documented (and the media is now reporting), when Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla, the town charged rape victims for the exams.
Biden's legislation required that state, local, and Indian governments provide the rape exams to victims free of charge as a condition of receiving federal funds under the Violence Against Women Act. In 2000, Alaska finally passed state legislation in order to qualify for federal funding.
Todd Harris, a GOP strategist who is close to the McCain campaign, says Palin won't be available to the press for about two weeks. His defense? She might make "a mistake."
If she goes out and makes a mistake, that is something that [voters will] care about, and that's something that will haunt [McCain] for awhile, so I think this is a smart move.
And he's an eastern liberal media elitist.
"No question, she's got a lot of homework to do, let's face it. You just don't walk out and say 'our next vice president,' y'know. And I know people who are working with her, and I've got a lot of confidence in 'em. And, um, I'd be happy to have her come to North Carolina any day she wants."
Okay, so here's the video. Just don't ask me where John McCain's eyes are traveling, or what he's doing with his wedding ring, because your guess is as good as mine.
Here's a gem of a video clip from the archives. During the January 30 GOP debate at the Reagan Library, Janet Hook of the LA Times asked John McCain why he was more qualified than Mitt Romney to manage the economy. In response, McCain managed to:
+ Say nothing about the economy
+ Say he was more patriotic than Mitt Romney
+ Cite his experience as a POW
+ Argue that "radical Islamic extremism" is a more important issue
+ Criticize a timetable for withdrawal from Iraq
+ Did I mention, say nothing about the economy?
It's truly a hall-of-fame moment in the annals of chronic dodgery. Video and transcript below.
Here's the title screen for my newest video, a mocking look at John McCain's houses problem:
Video below the fold -- it's a perfect way to spend your time as you wait for confirmation that Barack Obama's next VP is Joe Biden (or whomever else it may be).
Update -- Obama pounds 'No Change McCain': Here's video of Barack Obama in Chesapeake, VA this evening, sticking to the "out of touch" theme illustrated by McCain's "How many houses?" moment. He was just scorching:
:: :: ::
My oh my, how quickly things can change. From the handwringing of yesterday to the buttkicking of today. It started with the news that he couldn't keep track of how many homes he owns:
If you're pro-choice, John McCain isn't for you. Here he is earlier tonight at the Saddleback forum:
I have a 25 year record pro-life record in the Congress, in the Senate, and as President of the United States I will be a pro-life president, and this presidency will have pro-life policies. That's my commitment. That's my commitment to you.
Too bad he isn't pro-life when it comes to war.
Recommended by JedReport
- ...at the direction of unrepentant terrorist Bill Acorn, Buddhist Democratic candidate Barack O'Leary, who is not eligible to run for President on account of the fact that his birth certificate says ...458 comments 580 Recs
- After the 2006 midterm election, I posted a pictorial diary of all the Republican Senators and Congresscritters who'd been given the boot:495 comments 1079 Recs
- Republicans are jumping ship on the McCain campaign at an ever increasing pace. ...62 comments 33 Recs
- Fellow Americans, if canvassers will make sure that any undecided voters hear about this endorsement, I can now say, with a certainty, that North Carolina will tip for Obama come Nov. 4th. Today ...308 comments 548 Recs
- Usually the last step in a dying campaign is the long knives and blame laying... the first to jump ship are the first given plausible deniability, even though they carried water for months... So ...490 comments 676 Recs
- I just noticed on my calls that it just got A LOT more sophisticated and targeted. ALL my calls were directed and targeted in a REALLY smart way. My call lists were just women (I'm female)190 comments 781 Recs
- It's finally hockey season!! Just caught the ceremonial puck dropping by Sarah Palin this evening on MSG network (for those of you that don't know, the New York sports network) at the Wachovia ...979 comments 748 Recs
- The Obama campaign is launching a new 30-second TV ad today to respond to the McCain attack ad hitting Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., for his relationship with William Ayers and former Commerce Secretary ...324 comments 551 Recs
- DailySource.org has found a video of Palin lying about her firing of the state police chief .291 comments 998 Recs
- Big move from Obama, as he is purchasing 1/2 hour of primetime on CBS, and negotiating with other stations as well.896 comments 917 Recs
- No current results.