My dear friend and our fellow Kossian 4freedom would love to go to Netroots Nation this year, but she can only get there if she wins a DFA scholarship. I can't think of any one more deserving, and I'm asking for you to help get her there.
Let me start out by saying that I am very much aware of how much help I've already received from this community, and that I realize how much help you've all given to so many others struggling, and to the President's and Democrats' re-election campaigns. So I know how tight things are. I appreciate that fact and take nothing for granted. This community has helped keep a roof over my head, and helped me keep hope alive. I'm very grateful for all the assistance I've received, but wanted to let you know that I'm getting back on my feet and need a bit more assistance to help me get there.
In 2008, I lived in Orlando Florida and volunteered for the Obama campaign in that state. I knew Florida was pivotal for Barack, and I made sure I did my part to put it in his win column.
During the summer, I registered voters and canvassed on weekends. A month before the election, I took off from work and volunteered full-time for the campaign right up to election night.
I'll never forget that experience. I felt so proud being a part of something great.
Almost a month ago now, I posted this diary: http://www.dailykos.com/... asking the community to help me find a new home for a stray kitty.
Well, thanks to some wonderful people here, especially Kossack Cany, Kitty, now Emily, has a safe and loving home and a new playmate.
I'm now staying in Rochester, NY with friends (my goddaughter's family) and I found a stray (probably feral really) cat... or she found me. I've never been particularly fond of cats, but this little one has stolen my heart and I'm desperate to find her some help.
Happy Friday folks. I hope everyone's enjoying the summer and staying safe and cool.
This is a 'thank you' note to all the generous and caring people who've reached into their hearts and their pockets to help keep a roof over my head and me and my pup together.
Tears are streaming down my face as I type this and as I contemplate where I would be today if it were not for your kindness and how grateful I am that so many people care about the well-being of a complete stranger.
President Obama is making his third and last campaign stop for the day (He was in Philly (Sestak) and Bridgeport, CT (Blumenthal) earlier today) in his hometown of Chicago stumping for his Senate seat replacement, Alexi Giannoulias, and doing his best to mobilize Democrats and GOTV for Tuesday so we can continue Moving America Forward.
Thousands of people are gathering at the Midway Plaisance in Hyde Park waiting for the start of a Democratic rally featuring President Barack Obama in his first public appearance in Chicago since his 2008 election-night victory event in Grant Park.
Obama's visit home aims at aiding first-term state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias is his battle for the president's old U.S. Senate seat against five-term North Shore Republican U.S. Rep. Mark Kirk. Also scheduled to attend is Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn, who is trying to fend off a challenge from Republican state Sen. Bill Brady.
This just came across my twitter feed:
ABC News taps @andrewbreitbart for election night coverage. Behold your liberal media. http://bit.ly/...
I thought it was a joke.
Just throwing up a quick diary for the Ohio State rally w. our President and lovely First Lady, Michelle Obama.
It is the first time in two years that they've campaigned together. They're stumping for incumbent Governor, Ted Strickland.
The event was scheduled to being at 6:15, but has now been postponed to 8:00 p.m.
John Legend is the musical guest and his performance should begin around 7:00 p.m.
Livestream video via OFA: http://www.barackobama.com/...
This Thursday, MTV, BET, CMT, Tr3s, mtvU and Centric will air "A Conversation With President Obama," an hour-long, commercial-free town hall, held before an audience of 250 young people in Washington, D.C.
He's going to be taking questions from the live audience, as well as questions submitted via twitter:
Twitter users can submit questions for the town hall by using the hashtag "#ask" plus any specific issue of interest to them. So, if you'd like to ask President Obama about how he plans to create jobs, you'd tweet "#askjobs" and then your question. If it's a question about education, you'd tweet "#askeducation." The same can be done for comments about the event, using the hashtag "#comment," followed by your thoughts.
This is a twitter hashtag series created by Lizz Winstead.
Lizz, as her Twitter bio points out, is co-creator of The Daily Show and a political satirist (which is what TDS is all about).
Anyway, she's got some gems which I thought I'd share, and I just love the idea of fooling the teabaggers into staying home on November 2. We know some of 'em aren't too smart and just might buy it. ;-)
It may not be the best strategy, but it's sure good for some laughs.
Breaking news: Appeal court: Florida ban on gay adoption unconstitutional
Not much of a diary, but I wanted to alert the community.
Please see webebacknow's diary that went up right before mine for additional info.
Recommended by marabout40
- Officer Bill Melendez charged with three felonies in brutal beating, planting evidence on Floyd DentIt's official. After being fired from the Inkster Police Department, Bill "Robocop" ...104 comments 181 Recs
- Welcome to the newest diary in the GOTV series and thank you for stopping by. We are very fortunate to have the indomitable Sandra Fluke as our guest who has recorded a terrific video about the ...33 comments 27 Recs
- Just as states with progressive lawmakers and activists have themselves initiated innovative programs over a wide range of issues, state-based progressive blogs have helped provide us with a point ...17 comments 29 Recs
- Yellow Cart Picture from Noise of Rain. New voters in the making. Republished June 28, 2014 in GOT1V, originally from NoiseofRain' and Badscience innovative voter registration drive in 2011. ...37 comments 27 Recs
- If you haven't voted already, please consider voting for Horace Boothroyd, III, who is a stellar contributor to the Kos. Paul Wagner, known as ZenBassoon is also on the list so he would appreciate ...14 comments 16 Recs
- It is time to vote for your choice to be voted into a scholarship to attend Netroots Nation in Detriot this year. The list of applicants is here: http://nn14.democracyforamerica.com/11 comments 13 Recs
- A few months after Newtown, when it seemed like people had started to forget the horror of kindergartners being gunned down in their school, I heard someone I know say that she wanted to get a gun ...226 comments 351 Recs
- Thursday morning, the Santa Ana winds were bad. They pushed my son's 20 year old little car around the roads like a toy needing repair. Fire follows the Santa Anas just as surely as night follows day.85 comments 223 Recs
- UPDATE: 4:35 pm ET I'm stunned. Thank you so much for responding people. I really expected to get five comments. Now I have all these plus 10 messages. I've just skimmed comments so far and will ...235 comments 251 Recs
- Scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed today, I came across this little gem provided by one of my "Likes" Organic Eden Foods' quiet right-wing agenda A crunchy, natural food company marketed to ...23 comments 44 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.