Romeny has been asked many questions and he has given many answers to a single question. However, one question I have not heard that I believe will have a significant impact..nail in the coffin if you will...is this: "Mr. Romney, if you are running on your skills as a governor, why is it that Massachusetts will not vote for you?"
Last night, I received an invitation to see the president speak in Palm Beach County. I was so excited. I showed my 13 year old son who said "I want to go." When I told my eight year old daughter, she also wanted to go! I was invited to see the President of the United States speak in person. It was a great moment for this former Civics teacher.
I had to pick up the tickets at a local Obama campaign office at 6:00. No problem, I would get off work early, drop my kids off at gymnastics, then head to the office that was just a few miles away. My plan was perfect---until I could not get in!
There is a tax on unemployed citizen in this country that can reach up to 50% and no one is talking about it. It is costly and affects only the people that have exhausted all other sources of income. Unemployment runs out, savings accounts are completely depleted, credit card debt is increased significantly trying to pay bills and then you go to your last resort—your retirement account.
President Obama wants to address the children in our country next week. As a social studies teacher, I found this to be exciting. Our president, addressing the students of this nation live--what a social studies lesson.
As I read more and more about the latest conflict in Israel, one this seems abundantly clear—the violence has to stop. The Palestinian people should not be attacking Israel but Israel should not respond in the extreme ways they are currently using. Violence only breeds violence. The Palestinian people should take into consideration a non-violent approach. I can think of two instances where non-violence has led to great success—India and the United States.
The republicans have been focused on the fact the Obama did not pick Hillary since his announcement. They have been trying to make a play for those disgruntled Hillary voters since the Democratic convention. By selecting Sarah Palin, republicans feel they have made a serious play for the Hillary voters while at the same time courting the all-important fundie vote. Hillary can immediately change this and secure the presidency for Barack Obama. How?
I just received a disturbing Obama "smearmail." Of course, it was not even close to being accurate (it referred to Obama as a black Muslim male between the ages of 17 and 40). I will post the actual email at the end in case anyone wants to read it.
The FISA "compromise" that the House voted on today was a disgrace. We all know this. The idea that Steny Hoyer and Nancy Pelosi put such a horrible bill in front of Congress shows just how bad our government is. I want to show Pelosi just how upset I am. I made the phone call but feel I need to do more. I now have the answer.
For those of you unfamiliar with this case, Don Siegelman is the former Democratic governor of Alabama. Karl Rove ordered him to be targeted for prosecution on phony bribery charges to prevent him from being re-elected. After several prosecutors refused to take the case due to lack of evidence, Rove found a prosecutor, Leura Canary. Why did Canary take this case? She is the wife of Bill Canary, Republican King Maker, Special Assistant to President George Bush, Chief of Staff of the Republican National Committee and Riley (Siegelman’s opponent) Advisor/Strategist. This man was prosecuted, and jailed, for crimes he did not commit. The case was so flimsy that an appellate court ordered that Siegelman be released immediately. An appellate court ordering the release of a prisoner is extremely rare. For more information about this case, please visit http://donsiegelman.org/...
It is clear by the results in Iowa that this country is desperate for change. We are screaming for it. The number of people that showed up to caucus was double that of 2004—DOUBLE! This is huge. The winners were anti-establishment candidates. Again, great news. Only there is one small problem...
Bush will veto the Iraq War supplemental bill by tomorrow. All the pundits are guessing what will happen next. Although Congress has been a little more bold lately, no one is willing to take dramatic steps to end this war. Republicans are still trying to frame this issue as "Democrats do not support the troops."
Tom Delay was a guest on Meet the Press this past Sunday and will be a guest on Hardball tonight. Is there a reason his opinion on anything should matter? A former Congressman, currently under indictment, who was forced out of office should not be appearing on any valid news shows. Delay should go back to the hole he crawled out of and wait for his conviction. The idea that he is treated as if he is still an honored member of Congress is disgraceful. Why don't they ask William Jefferson's opinion on current events as well?
Recommended by palmbeachlefty
- Barbara Comstock, the former Romney campaign hack and current McCain flack, just got an earful on "Hardball" from host Chris Matthews and Planned Parenthood's Cecile Richards. They were ...44 comments 51 Recs
- Good morning, just a short diary to address a noxious piece of mail I recieved. This "letter" was sent to explain Barack Obama to me in terms of him being a radical Muslim. The well-printed ...13 comments 10 Recs
- This has been a really busy week for the Edwards campaign. Besides the unveiling of new Progressive policy proposals their has been a wealth of not so bright things said by President Bush and Rudy ...28 comments 27 Recs
- This is a repost from an old diary of mine. I reposted it because I felt that it needed weekday as well as weekend eyes. I am also hoping this does not devolve again into a discussion about the AUMF.148 comments 33 Recs
- It's a dangerous game that Congress is playing, and the Democratic leadership is so focussed on 2008 and playing it cautious that they are being sucked into a trap.269 comments 254 Recs
- I acknowledge even as I write this that it may be too late to save the soul of America. Our cause may in fact already be lost. It is in the spirit of ‘never say die’ that I undertake ...274 comments 108 Recs
- Just got this email from Bob McChesney, Professor at the University of Illinois, author of The Problem With the Media , and host of ...21 comments 38 Recs
- On "60 Minutes" last night John Edwards said: First of all, there's not a single person in America that should vote for me because Elizabeth has cancer. Not a one. If you're ...223 comments 163 Recs
- Today in Las Vegas, Nevada the Service Employees International Union and the Center for American Progress Action Fund held a Presidential Forum on healthcare. All the Democratic contenders were ...345 comments 10 Recs
- The clamor for the White House is on. Clinton, Bush, Kerry, Obama, Gore, McCain and a fountain of other well known Washington insiders, steeped in years of cozy relationships, cloak and dagger ...131 comments 49 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.